Overrun by Stupidity

Glaucus

Reaction score
Why is Oprah Winfrey promoting vaccine skeptic Jenny McCarthy?

Chastising a celebrity is an exercise in futility. You feel like a kitten being held by the scruff of its neck, scrabbling wildly in the air without drawing blood. Pointless as this may be, though, I will try to talk some sense into Oprah Winfrey, who has decided to go into business with vaccine skeptic Jenny McCarthy.

There is abundant evidence that vaccines don't cause autism. More than a dozen studies, as well as trend data from California and other states, show that neither the mercury-containing preservative thimerosal nor the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine causes autism. In March, a federal court dismissed both of these theories in a most definitive way after hearing weeks of testimony and gathering thousands of pages of evidence.

Jenny McCarthy begs to differ. McCarthy dropped out of nursing school in 1993 to become a Playboy bunny and later starred in an MTV show that focused on her bodily functions. She believes that vaccines made her 7-year-old son autistic—and that she "recovered" him with alternative therapies, as she details in her parenting books. McCarthy has appeared regularly on Larry King Live and Oprah to blast the medical establishment, and last year she led a march on Washington to demand that children get fewer vaccines.

:roll:

I just hope stupidity isn't contagious as we don't have a vaccine for that yet.

Glaucus said:
I just hope stupidity isn't contagious as we don't have a vaccine for that yet.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure stupidity is genetic :lol:

Yeah, I know. I just expected more from Oprah. If she backs something like this, expect hoards of stupid people to demand less vaccines. Eventually we'll see these non-vaccinated kids develop autism AND be tormented by various contagious diseases that other kids don't get. Sucks for the kids, but should eventually dispel this notion that vaccines cause autism.

I know what you mean, however, to be honest, I don't have time for Oprah, or any other talk show host, probably because I have the ability to think for myself ;-) But yes, this will no doubt cause some trouble of the pro-vaccine front.

Glaucus said:
Yeah, I know. I just expected more from Oprah. If she backs something like this, expect hoards of stupid people to demand less vaccines. Eventually we'll see these non-vaccinated kids develop autism AND be tormented by various contagious diseases that other kids don't get. Sucks for the kids, but should eventually dispel this notion that vaccines cause autism.
Perhaps measles is God's way to eliminate IDers and anti-Vaccers.

faethor said:

Natural selection at its best :lol:

faethor said:
Glaucus said:
I know some guys who have orthodox christians as parents, and they have broken up with them because they don't share their parent's views (au contraire).

It's kids we're talking about, and can we be blamed for our family deeds?
(well obviously I can because I got scientists, directors and nobility in my family ;-) )

Speelgoedmannetje said:
Christians baptize to wash away the 'original sin'. So yes inheritance of blame is part of the Christianity.

faethor said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Christians baptize to wash away the 'original sin'. So yes inheritance of blame is part of the Christianity.
Yes, and those kids were definately not Christian.
(something in the lines of "bugger off")

Back