Political Jokes 2021 and 2022

Isn't waving the southern flag as much anti-pattriotic as kneeling down during the national anthem at a sports game?
I guess it depends on one's perspective.
Kneeling at a sports game is Peaceful Protesting and guaranteed by the US Constitution. Some people might feel "offended" because their White Privilege blinds them to the reality that some members of the police are racist.

wearing a flag that represents a group that wanted to secede from the Union is considered tacky but still within the First Amendment. In fact one can fly that flag on one's private property, from one's car, etc and it's all 1st Amendment activity.

That flag doesn't belong on government property.

Isn't waving the southern flag as much anti-pattriotic as kneeling down during the national anthem at a sports game?
I'd say that depends. If you wave the confederate flag then you are patriotic for the confederacy which was conquered and annexed by force into the second United States (since the first United States was a voluntary union and what replaced it during the civil war was clearly not a voluntary union.)

I'd say that depends. If you wave the confederate flag then you are patriotic for the confederacy which was conquered and annexed by force into the second United States (since the first United States was a voluntary union and what replaced it during the civil war was clearly not a voluntary union.)

Also, only something like 2% of the of the southern public owned slaves. Even less percentage of that were slave owners fighting the war for the south. I'll never understand people who ignore WHY someone might have a reverence to that flag and admit there is some nuance to be had, they'll just glaze their eyes over and repeat "muh racisms" or something.

I don't fly that flag, I have no connection to that part of US history AFAIK. What genealogy family members have done, all indicate no bloodline in the US during the war. On balance it's mostly Irish roots coming over well after the war. What Irish were here during the war and before, were treated as bad or worse than blacks. Anti Irish hate through reconstruction and even first half of the 20th century was worse in many ways than anti black hate.

Oh yeah, slavery ended in the north AFTER it ended in the south. People ignore this too.

Not exactly what you think
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png

WATCH: TIKTOK LIB CLAIMS DOG IS A VEGETARIAN ‘BY CHOICE’ … THE TAPE PROVES OTHERWISE

“Some of you just don’t believe that my dog is a vegetarian,” claimed TikTok user @arlee___m, promising viewers that her dog, Bonnie, was a bona fide vegetarian — contrary to basic understanding of how dogs work.

“Also, my dog is very healthy. She loves greens, she loves her salad. And I don’t force her to eat her salad. It’s what she likes.”

The TikTok user presented one plate of meat versus a plate of salad for the dog to pick — going as far as introducing both options with a blatant bias for the leafy greens … as if the dog could understand a word.

Back