President Elect Trump watch

the account was highly fictionalized, and the story much closer to those of an Irish Immigrants
Germans like my great great great Grandfather did not arrive pennyless, he sold his farm, bought tickets for his entire family and moved to the US, then purchased a homestead

Adolphus Busch didn't arrive pennyless either. Bush wasn’t a brewer, he didn’t even like beer. He came to the US to make his fortune. Eberhard Anheuser was the brewer he partnered with

the account was highly fictionalized, and the story much closer to those of an Irish Immigrants

If that's all it takes to make people boycott Bud, I'm surprised anyone still drinks it.
Actually, I'm surprised anyone still drinks it regardless. :pint:

If that's all it takes to make people boycott Bud, I'm surprised anyone still drinks it.
Actually, I'm surprised anyone still drinks it regardless. :pint:

The ad was about the founders of the parent company Anheuser Bush, not specifically the Bud brand. There are a lot of beers made by Anheuser Bush, one of them being Michelob Ultra which I used to drink. While I'd prefer heavier beers, I have to watch my carb intake due to medical. I've now decided to make the switch to Miller Lite which is similar in carbs.

As metalman stated, their commercial was almost complete fiction. What they showed never happened, to the point it would be laughable if not so sinister in the intent. As Metalman stated the fictional commercial more closely represents what happened to the Irish when they came over. I do not appreciate the cultural appropriation of my ancestor's experience for globalist propaganda.

It is amazing though. Suddenly leftists and regressive are all BFF with multinational corporations. The original punk rockers must be puking in their prune juice right now.

As metalman stated, their commercial was almost complete fiction. What they showed never happened, to the point it would be laughable if not so sinister in the intent. As Metalman stated the fictional commercial more closely represents what happened to the Irish when they came over.

In the social hierarchy of the 1800's, Black slaves had more social status then the typical unskilled and uneducated Irish who fled the potato famine. There was a lot of conflict between the Free Blacks and the Irish who competed for the same jobs.

The social hierarchy between groups was the difference in educational levels in general of each population. Northern Europeans >> Southern Europeans >> Eastern Europeans >> Free Blacks >> slaves >> Irish. This hierarchy did not apply to all members in a group, because by simply raising your education you could raise your social status, or being uneducated would lose you status . So an educated Irish priest would be treated as social equal, but the typical uneducated Irishman would have no status.

This was a bit of a surprise, given Bercow was a "former hardline right-wing" Conservative and that party are Trump's main UK cheer-leaders:
Speaker John Bercow criticised over Donald Trump comments

"I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons," he told MPs.

His comments were applauded by Opposition MPs, but senior Conservatives were highly critical.

Meanwhile, Joe Wilson takes the prize for non-sequitur of the week:
Republican Congressman Joe Wilson criticised the speaker's comments as "very disappointing".

"If ever in recent years there's been a more pro-British president of the United States, it's Donald Trump," he said.

He said President Trump had already assured Mrs May over his commitment to Nato, expressed a desire to create UK-US trade relationships, and returned a bust of Winston Churchill to the Oval Office.

"I consider it too, sadly, a slap at the Republican Party. It was the leaders of our party that actually placed the bust of Winston Churchill in the US Capitol Building and we urge all persons to come visit our Capitol Building," he added.

Perhaps Joe equates a statue of Churchill with opposing racism, sexism and maintaining an independent judiciary or maybe he's just trying to change the subject. :p

I supported Sanders....

Bernie's popped up with some thoughts on The Donald:
“It is hard not to laugh, to see President Trump alongside these Wall Street guys, I have to say this, Jake, and I don't mean to be disrespectful, this guy is a fraud.”

“Man, this guy, he's a good showman, I'll give him that. He's a good TV guy,” Sanders said, before adding:

“This guy ran for president of the United States saying, ‘I, Donald Trump, I’m going to take on Wall Street. These guys are getting away with murder,’” Sanders said. “And then, suddenly, he appoints all these billionaires. His major financial adviser comes from Goldman Sachs. And now he is going to dismantle legislation that protects consumers.”

Trump: "It's gotten to a point where it's not even being reported, and in many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn't want to report it."

White House press secretary Sean Spicer was asked about specific attacks that had not been reported to which he replied: “We’ll provide a list later. There’s several instances … There’s a lot of instances that have occurred where I don’t think they’ve gotten the coverage it deserved.”

The White House distributed a list of 78 terrorist attacks to support the claim that the media is failing to properly report them.

But the list includes many atrocities that received blanket western media coverage including the Paris Bataclan attacks, the Nice truck killings and the San Bernardino shootings.

Many others including the Sydney siege and Germany’s Christmas market attackreceived wide international coverage.

The list also includes multiple errors and spelling mistakes, including ‘San Bernadino’, and excludes numerous terror attacks across the Middle East.

The release comes after the US president told military leaders in Tampa, Florida, on Monday that there have been attacks all over Europe but “in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it.” He added, “They have their reasons, and you understand that,” but did not expand.

-EDIT-
Backpacker's mum slams Trump 'terror' claim

The mother of a backpacker who was stabbed to death in Australia has criticised the White House for labelling her death a "terror attack".

Mia Ayliffe-Chung, 20, who was killed at a hostel in Queensland in August, did not die as a result of terrorism, police have said.

Despite this, her death was included on a list of 78 alleged "terror" attacks released by the Trump administration.

Rosie Ayliffe said Mia's death must not be used to persecute innocent people.

Mrs Ayliffe said: "Treating immigrants as disposable commodities and disregarding their safety causes deaths throughout our so-called civilised world."

"The possibility of Mia and Tom's deaths being consequent to an Islamic terror attack was discounted in the early stages of the police investigation.

"This vilification of whole nation states and their people based on religion is a terrifying reminder of the horror that can ensue when we allow ourselves to be led by ignorant people into darkness and hatred."

Last edited:
The moves against Iran are much more worrying than the travel ban ... which is why everyone is talking about the travel ban I guess.

Indeed. I hadn't actually seen this press conference clip until last night, and even then I had to go looking for it:

Blatant and obvious lies about Iran in order to drum up support for more mass-murder.

As far as I can tell, this was completely ignored by most, if not all, mainstream press.

The White House press corps wanted to know what being put “on notice” entailed, and Spicer responded by claiming that Iran’s government took actions against a U.S. naval vessel, which would be an act of war. “I think General Flynn was really clear yesterday that Iran has violated the Joint Resolution, that Iran’s additional hostile actions that it took against our Navy vessel are ones that we are very clear are not going to sit by and take,” he said. “I think that we will have further updates for you on those additional actions.”

Major Garrett of CBS News quietly corrected him, saying “a Saudi vessel,” and Spicer then responded almost inaudibly: “Sorry, thank you, yes a Saudi vessel. Yes, that’s right.” He did not in any way address his false claim that it was an Iranian attack, however.

Houthi rebels from Yemen attack a Saudi ship and Spicer turns it into Iran attacking a US ship.
Gulf of Tonkin has nothing on these lying cúnts.

Last edited:
PUTIN DISAGREES WITH TRUMP: IRAN NOT A TERRORIST STATE

"I can say this," Trump said, "they have total disregard for our country, they are the number one terrorist state, their sending money all over the place and weapons. And they can't do that."

Vladimir Putin's spokesman told reporters on Monday that the Kremlin did not agree with comments by US President Donald Trump that Iran was a terrorist state.

"It's not a secret that Moscow and Washington's views on many international issues are diametrically opposed," Peskov said.

Well, I was optimistic that Trump might have some decent domestic policy, based upon the platform he ran on. Like Bernie, I keep finding that more and more unlikely as I look at who he is appointing in various positions, though. Betsy DeVos went through as Education Secretary. That is bad news, any way you look at it. Take a look at Michigan's schools to see her handy work.

And don't even get me started on the FCC under Pai. They're already going to shit.

That's another fox sailed through the hen-house confirmation hearing.
I imagine the rest will too.
He has to dance with the ones that brung him, I guess.
Even though the party tried to run him down in the convention, once they realised they were stuck with him they pulled out all the stops on the election machine to help him ... or maybe they just did it to make sure they took the legislative assemblies.
I wonder if it might have been better for Donald if the Democrats had won more seats, then there'd be more opportunity to play people off against each other. I'm still going to give him some more honeymoon to see if this ossifies or whether there is a deeper plan lurking. I gave Obama at least a year, I think, before giving up on him.

Back