Rest in Peace Alan Rickman...

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Less than a week after the news that the world has lost David Bowie, we're hit with another tragedy.

Alan Rickman, best known for his portrayal of Professor Snape (Harry Potter), Hans Gruber (Die Hard), dozens of other iconic movie roles has died at 69.

http://www.waff.com/story/30963926/alan-rickman-dies?clienttype=generic

With great amount of respect to David Bowie, as a self-professed movie junkie, I feel this is a much worse thing...

Take a look at his IMDB profile, and I'm absolutely sure you'll see at least 6 roles that you remember fondly... I lost count, but perhaps my favorites are (the voice of) Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Alexander Dane (Galaxy Quest), Steven Spurrier (Bottle Shock), Sheriff of Nottingham (Robin Hood), and Megatron (Dogma)...

Rest In Peace sir, and thank you for years of fantastic, iconic roles... Without you, film won't be the same...

More sad news.
Seems like a disproportionately large number of high profile, influential characters have passed away recently but that's probably just a reflection of the overlap between their cultural impact and my creeping auld age.

saw this on facebook:

"One of my favorite people who ever lived has died. The legendary #AlanRickman played Metatron, the Voice of God, in my 4th film #Dogma. Alan was the first non-friend who signed up to the flick, but he became a great friend in record time. In this pic, he holds the Ken doll his Dogma character's lack of genitalia was modeled after. I'll never forget his incredible dulcet tones guffawing at the rubber crotch makeup he was wearing: one of the greatest actors who ever lived, tickled by a cinematic lack of a dick. I loved Hans Gruber the minute I saw#DieHard but I fell in love with the soft-spoken gentle soul who brought Gruber to life. Thank you for lending a hack like me your artistry and your credibility, Alan. You were never Snape to me as much as you were the adult Harry Potter himself: a bonafide wizard who could conjure absolute magic using merely words. He was a HUGE cauldron of win, this man. I'll miss him forever. Rest in Peace, Voice of God. Back to Heaven, where you came from..." Kevin Smith

12573238_10153191187551930_6113440885800788940_n.jpg

Back