senator flips out at airline, sets off security alarm

cecilia

Reaction score
article

After missing a flight last Thursday from Washington to New Orleans, Louisiana Sen. David Vitter opened an armed security door and went off on a United Airlines employee, according to a report filed Wednesday by (paid-restricted) Roll Call....

...After setting off the security alarm, the Louisiana senator proceeded to dress down an airline employee who told him entering the restricted area was forbidden. He invoked his standing as a senator, delivering a "do-you-know-who-I-am" tirade, the paper said.

even if this is exaggerated, why don't politians realize that they aren't in this job for themselves??

they are PUBLIC SERVANTS
:hammer:

What an idiot. I have no issue should the airline decide to press charges. That whole "Do you know who I am" arguement shows how out of control he was.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

I swear, it seems anyone who gets into gov seems to have a wild sense of entitlement. Here in FL, our scumbag (Republican) Lt Gov, who has ZERO official duties, has spent 3/4 million tax dollars in travel expenses for him and his family over the last 2 years.

Talk about a career limiting move!

cecilia said:
even if this is exaggerated, why don't politians realize that they aren't in this job for themselves??

they are PUBLIC SERVANTS :hammer:

Diva Pelosi

Back