Silence the Lambs!

Fade

Reaction score
The nuts are loose again. :shock:

No more lamb chops or beer.

In the comments: :roflmao:
The government can have my lamb chop
when they pry it from my cold dead greasy fingers.

Give me tomatoes or give me death!

There is only one solution to this problem. We must have soylent green. Where's the Soylent Corporation when we need it? Considering all the people dieing under UK health care, they can begin production immediately.

... as for the "Government advisors", let them eat grass.

This strikes me as another case of academic male bovine excreta.

Welcome to the World's First Soft Totalitarian Government, Great Britain.

Will the last sane person to leave the UK please turn out the lights?

There was a time when everyone ate all local vegatbles. Meat and fish were all wild and fresh. Everyone got plenty of exercise chasing after that wild game or foraging for the vegtables. There was no exhaust from autos or factories.
It was called the Stone Age and the average life expectancy was 30.

Morons on parade :roll: What sends a chill down my spine is we have people in the White House and Congress who believe this Voodoo nonsense :x

I'd say this is fringe behavior. It'll make the headlines but little else. People love their meat.

But you're right, some of these loons might get into government and start pushing for useless things like reducing traffic lanes to make way for the 7 cyclists who bike to work. Building a better transit system would be a better option, but that costs money.

Not only are they going after meat now, but certain fruits and vegetables? These people really believe this nonsense. They act like people created cows, goats and tomatos etc. How many bison used to roam free in the US before white man moved west? Why was there not runaway global warming in the <1600s?

redrumloa said:
They act like people created cows, goats and tomatos etc.

Um. Pretty much people did create those things. This is not to say that there were no wild versions but just for the sake of clarity, yes, all agricultural species that we depend on are our creation being significantly different from their wild kin.

redrumloa said:
How many bison used to roam free in the US before white man moved west? Why was there not runaway global warming in the <1600s?

That's an interesting question so I thought I'd do a bit of searching. It seems that there is a lot of uncertainty about that. While the population is estimated to be 60 to 100 million in the 1700's it is not clear that that was also the population pre arrival of westerners. There is some evidence for a population crash among the native population due to partly to disease and the buffalo may have boomed due to the loss of this predator.

On the other hand, the US has about 100 million head of cattle on inventory according to the USDA. Of course, the cattle today have a significantly different diet to the cattle of the past. Whereas they used to eat grass which is useless for people, today they eat considerable amounts of corn.

FluffyMcDeath said:
redrumloa said:
They act like people created cows, goats and tomatos etc.

Um. Pretty much people did create those things. This is not to say that there were no wild versions but just for the sake of clarity, yes, all agricultural species that we depend on are our creation being significantly different from their wild kin.

Wild -vs- refined agricultural doesn't matter, same "carbon footprint". Does a dairy cow produce more carbon dioxide than a wild buffalo? (Does that carbon dioxide production even matter?) These yokels are even ignoring the opposite end. Carbon dioxide = plant food, healthy plants = more oxygen production. Cows/buffalo etc create manure, this manure is highly effective plant food, healthier plant = more oxygen production.

FluffyMcDeath said:
redrumloa said:
How many bison used to roam free in the US before white man moved west? Why was there not runaway global warming in the <1600s?

That's an interesting question so I thought I'd do a bit of searching. It seems that there is a lot of uncertainty about that. While the population is estimated to be 60 to 100 million in the 1700's it is not clear that that was also the population pre arrival of westerners. There is some evidence for a population crash among the native population due to partly to disease and the buffalo may have boomed due to the loss of this predator.

On the other hand, the US has about 100 million head of cattle on inventory according to the USDA. Of course, the cattle today have a significantly different diet to the cattle of the past. Whereas they used to eat grass which is useless for people, today they eat considerable amounts of corn.

Interesting info, thanks. I think the earlier population was supposed to be higher, but these numbers jive with my thoughts. Man is raising more livestock, but there are far less animals in the wild. These wackos have totally lost it when they start looking at food sources, livestock and vegetables. There needs to be common sense or even greenies will backlash against this BS. Clear cutting huge areas of rainforest, bad. Eating a cheeseburger with tomato slice, not bad.

Back