So .... Gaza

And that was done with no more than one vest worth of explosive? Impressive.

It was you who said it was one vest on the corpse

It was a Hamas funeral, all the pallbearers where wearing vests in his honor, obviously the corpse was not wearing a vest

(You know, I should clearly be more careful with my sarcasm because it seems to be completely impenetrable to some minds - maybe I should just try being direct).

sarcasm and conspiracy or a conspiracy of sarcasm?

What the heck does that have to do with you posting a video that claims to be a funeral being blown up by a suicide vest left on the corpse but is actually footage of a funeral procession being blown up by a car bomb in Syria two years ago?

So you agree the Hamas funeral actually occurred, at someplace, in the space–time continuum?

It was you who said it was one vest on the corpse

It was a Hamas funeral, all the pallbearers where wearing vests in his honor, obviously the corpse was not wearing a vest

Your turn for sarcasm ... hopefully.

So you agree the Hamas funeral actually occurred, at someplace, in the space–time continuum?
No.
That's some nice hasbara, but I don't imagine that all the PR forces that Israel can buy with your tax money can stir enough mud into the water to hide the horrors the IDF are creating in Gaza on an hourly basis.

That's some nice hasbara, but I don't imagine that all the PR forces that Israel can buy with your tax money can stir enough mud into the water to hide the horrors the IDF are creating in Gaza on an hourly basis.

IDF killed Leonidas today ...

BtF5N7qCMAAmbRK.jpg

I think the video that metalman (possibly inadvertently) posted is an indication of at least one fundamental difference between the conflicts. The armed opposition in Syria is openly murderous against the civilian population.
All sides are, no question about that. The Islamic radicals have clearly stolen the front pages with some of the more brutal killings but that's mostly because they actually love to show off their evil deeds. Assad's forces has intentionally killed civilians as well, but they don't go out of their way to take credit for their murderous work like ISIS does. And the Free Syrian army has also set bombs off as well, they're all guilty of that. However, Assad's forces are still the most powerful even though they are the minority and that's because, much like Israel, they are well funded and armed from foreign powers. If Assad had his funding cut, he'd fall within weeks or months at most. Similar to Israel, if the US cut off all funding and arms, Israel wouldn't look so tough and might consider a real peace deal.

And yes, what Assad did to cities like Allepo which were raised to the ground isn't all that different from what Israel is doing to Gaza. But Assad didn't phone the residents to warn them or knock om the roof, instead they dropped as much firepower as they could on densely populated areas. Both are very bad, but if I had to pick which is worse I'd have to say Assad. They estimate the death toll is around 1000 in Gaza today, in Syria the death toll is over 150,000. The numbers tell the story all on their own.

They estimate the death toll is around 1000 in Gaza today, in Syria the death toll is over 150,000. The numbers tell the story all on their own.

As does your selective criteria for "what Israel is doing to Gaza".
You write as though the fact that Gaza has been an open prison for the last seven years or the fact that thousands have been killed over several decades doesn't qualify.

I'll say it again: your comparison is utterly absurd and your reasons for drawing it rather questionable.

As does your selective criteria for "what Israel is doing to Gaza".
You write as though the fact that Gaza has been an open prison for the last seven years or the fact that thousands have been killed over several decades doesn't qualify.
I'll say it again: your comparison is utterly absurd and your reasons for drawing it rather questionable.
And you're just revealing your ignorance of Syrian history. There have been many uprising there too in the past dating back decades, much like Gaza (which btw has been a prison for more than 7 years). Syrians didn't rise up against Bashar Assad because he's a nice guy. And that's also true for past uprisings against Bashar Assad's father, Hafez, which were also brutally suppressed. The minority alawite community in Syria maintained it's dominance over generations only through the use of violence and coercion. The fact that you choose to ignore this is rather questionable.

Given you are aware of all that, whence your selected death tolls?

Ban Ki-moon, the UN secretary general, said the attack was "outrageous and unjustifiable" and demanded "accountability and justice". The UN said its officials had repeatedly given details of the school and its refugee population to Israel.

Seems like the same pish, different day / week / year / decade.

For as long as I can remember, Israel has been slaughtering folk in a way that deliberately gives the UN the finger, followed by hollow UN complaints, followed by Israel promising an investigation, followed by...

... well, followed by the whole cycle starting all over again.

Guardian headline today:
US condemns shelling of UN school in Gaza but restocks Israeli ammunition
And a similar number of people have been killed in East Ukraine by Kiev and we are still talking about sending Kiev money and weapons. We already supply their armed forces with assistance such as MREs.

Seems there is little about Israel that is worth saving at the moment.
The Nazis seem to be winning and maintaining the level of paranoia and hatred just move the population further that way. Of course, we see this in other places too but this is looking particularly ugly right now.

Back