So... well, I'm an idiot (3d printing...)

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
While waiting the several months for my CNC machine to arrive, I bought a Creality Ender 3v2 3d printer with the intent of making parts to support the CNC machine, making toys basically, then maybe even making sellable Etsy items...

The Ender is really too slow to make the latter a reality (unless I buy 12 of them to ramp up production) so I'm kinda just having fun with it.

Aggravating, frustrating, fun. The learning curve -- once I figured out how to level the bed -- hasn't been so bad, but the problem is that I have had so much fun with 3D printing, I've completely ignored the CNC machine that came in about a month ago now. Assembled it, leveled the platform, let it get dusty...

Now, I made a little bit of money on the side and decided to buy a second -- 3x faster -- printer (an FLSun Super Racer Delta-style) which was approved by the boss since it was bought off of profits (essentially making it free)...

The problem comes in where yesterday, I was searching for a replacement build plate for the Ender 3v2 when I stumbled across the Amazon 1-hour lightning deal for a top-end, auto-leveling, Creality CR-6 SE for about $90 off.. Suffice to say this was not approved by the boss, but more to say that now, I have three printers (two inbound next week)...

I would still like to build a print farm (the aforementioned 12 printer idea) to kinda try my hand at the Etsy side-gig, but damn.. I really need to stop..

Wayne

I sort of "inherited" a 3D printer a couple of weeks ago but it apparently needs a part and I've so busy that I haven't even opened the box it came in yet.

I sort of "inherited" a 3D printer a couple of weeks ago but it apparently needs a part and I've so busy that I haven't even opened the box it came in yet.
What did you 'inherit" and how can I help?

What did you 'inherit" and how can I help?
Haha - thanks. It's in a cardboard box in my work just now and I can't even remember the brand name but when I get a chance to look I'll update this post.

So check this out. This morning on Amazon, I notice an advert for "hey, open an Amazon card, instantly receive a $150 Amazon gift card"... So yeah, used it to buy yet another printer for $50 out of pocket.

They keep making crazy offers, I guess I'll keep playing the game until I have a full-fledged 3D printing farm...

Nobody cares, but printers #2 and #3 are assembled and printing. LOVING them both compared to my original Ender 3v2? Better prints? Probably not, but definitely easier to assemble, configure, and start printing. The Ender 3v2 is a great little 3D printer, but it is constantly begging for attention, tweaks, and upgrades to make it "right".

If any of you ever do want to get into it, I can easily recommend a Creality CR-6 SE (the "$50" -- for me) one I mentioned above) of the FLSun Super Racer which is a very tall (about 40") Delta style printer...

I finally had a peek in the box and the brand name is Geetech.
I think it might be this one but is missing a cable to connect the screen.
I haven't owned a Geetech, but they're generally well regarded...

Back