Sports, jokes, memes, & videos

DhHNuYbVQAAySnI.jpg

From an England football fan:
Dh0Wy0AXkAEdl7X.jpg

Man, hockey has so many funny moments. This Chris Chelios one, though, was instant classic, and popped in my head from Detroit sports history. Cheli always loved riling up fans and being booed.

He was named 2nd star of Game 6 of the 2002 playoffs. Detroit won it, eliminating Vancouver, in Vancouver. I'm not sure it's possible to collect more boos than that.

Nowadays crowd noise is encouraged as the home team's "12th Man". This wasn't the case in 1985 when crowd noise was considered a game disruption. Refs would actually pause the game and ask the home team coach to quiet the crowd. Shula would half-assed motion to the crowd to quiet down. That only made them louder. Contrast that nowadays where the brodcast would make a big deal about how fans of such teams like the Seahawks are soo great because they are so loud. They'll even put decibel meters in the stands and show the levels on screen.

I always get a chuckle watching clips from this game. In 1985 the Bears were the one team looking to possibly match the 72 Dolphins as the only teams with a "perfect season". The 85 bears went on to with the Superbowl with only one loss that season (18-1), to the Dolphins in this game. The Dolphins weren't all that great this season, but they defending their heritage at home. Funny seeing clips like this from a modern perspective.

The announcers were getting increasingly mad, calling for rules changed for this "ridiculous" activity.

If 'France' wins the world cup, will the 'French' celebrate by NOT burning cars and smashing storefronts for a night?

The big 3 motorcycle manufacturers Harley-Davidson, Indian, and Excelsior factory teams compete to have the fastest factory motorcycle
no brakes, no transmission, and the only throttle setting was full-out.
Racing on wooden boards at speeds up to 107 mph, wearing safety equipment of wool sweaters, leather helmets and leather gloves.
This is an Indian newsreel summary of the days racing

Along those same lines, how about a drag racing diesel explosion?

You know, I'm coming back around to really loving baseball. Anytime you have so many teams playing so many games in a season, you're bound to have some really crazy things happen. This is certainly one of them.

Back