The 2020 election thread

ilwrath

Reaction score
Well, with Joe Biden accepting the Democratic nomination... It's time for the general election thread, right?

Whatever the hell happens, for the sake of the entire country, I really hope the election doesn't pivot on Michigan this year. Michigan's results are going to look messed up. I can't say who will win the state, but I can make this guarantee, right now: Trump will win in-person voting, and Biden will win absentee voting. Both by pretty decent margins, I expect. This is exactly the case that President Trump is already calling fraud on. But it won't be fraud. The division is how we've handled Coronavirus.

No one is excited about Joe Biden. Is it even possible to be excited about Joe Biden? I don't think so. But the people who believe our governor has done a good job on the virus will vote for him.

See, Governor Whitmer has made a lot of people really angry with the 120 some executive orders we've racked up, so far. No one is quite sure what we can and can't do on any particular day. And the state of emergency is extended past mid-July, too. Which might be stretching things. But, we're also one of the few states with declining Coronavirus numbers, and one of only 3 states now listed as having Coronavirus on track for containment. That's a pretty damn impressive feat, considering how long it was running around here before the federal government would even admit it was in the US at all.

President Trump angered a lot of people here with his talk about re-opening everything before we even had any kind of grasp on the depth of the situation. Plus his refusal of supplies for Michigan, etc... And no help for the massive flood caused when the Edenville dam collapsed, putting all of Midland under several feet of water. Those _were_ his voters. Now, maybe not so much. A lot of people here have really taken a beating, and are feeling quite left out. We're also still 6th highest total deaths from Coronavirus, so a whole lot of us have got friends, family, and co-workers, actual people we know, who have died from it. This wasn't just a fart in the wind like he predicted. People remember those things.

But due to the population distribution, Michigan always falls the way southeast Michigan falls. And right now, it's as divided as I've ever seen it in my lifetime. If you just go by signs, Trump is somehow still winning bigly. I think there are already more Trump signs than I saw in 2016. But if you go by polls, Biden is winning. But I don't buy either of those metrics for this election. I wouldn't even venture a guess, right now.

Interesting times ahead.

Well... This post aged well. As soon as the mail-in vote got counted, Trump's 200,000+ vote lead in Michigan evaporated.

The only real surprise to me is that Trump actually carried Midland. So, it goes to show, Trump can literally destroy people's houses and then tell them to {bleep} off... And they'll still vote for him. They think the Democrats are actually worse than _that_. That's how much rural America is used to being neglected and abused. (depressed shrug)

Propaganda and election fraud right out in the open. Fakebook is now running interference by "fact checking" information they don't like, without even attempting to provide a single sentence of reasoning. Just hide the link and claim it is false without any explanation why it is false. It is very clear what is going on right now. None of the links are related to the posted story.

non fact check.jpg

Here's the original link I posted.

Voter Fraud in Michigan – Massive Dump of Over 200,000 Ballots for Biden All the Sudden Appear Overnight …

michigan-steal--600x379.jpg

If you can get past the east coast of Scotland accent, this might give you a smile.

-edit-
Having watched it again, I feel I should offer a translation of sorts:
1st guy: "He performs tricks at parties, pulls rabbits oot a hat."
2nd guy: "Magician!"
3rd guy: "That's no' fuckin' magician, ya fanny, it's a place in America."

Last edited:
aah this is a humor thread, off to the others.

All these clips flying about of Trump voters chanting "stop the count".
Don't they realise if the count is stopped now their man loses?
If it continues he still has a decent chance.

All these clips flying about of Trump voters chanting "stop the count".
Don't they realise if the count is stopped now their man loses?
If it continues he still has a decent chance.
Reverse Psychology? All Trump has to do is say something and vast swaths of people assume that the opposite must be true.

Back