"The End of America”

Hey, it happens.
The Soviet Union didn't have the world's reserve currency but they were suffering a lot of the same military overreach and, by the time of the end, enormous corruption and amassing of personal wealth at the expense of the rest of the economy and the loss of client states as their governments were overthrown by popular revolts.

why the big surprise??

this is what happens when you vote in morons like bush

cecilia said:
why the big surprise??

Last time I checked Obama was in office.

This is what happens when you vote in morons like Obama.

redrumloa said:
cecilia said:
why the big surprise??

last time i checked Obama inherited ALL the mistakes/bad policies bush started. acting as if he (and his drunk gun happy vp ) are not to blame is walking around with blinders on

plus, i NEVER figured Obama could ever possibly "fix" those problems. I just didn't want some marble mouth moron being an embarrassment parading as my President.

The only people who can make this country great are it's citizens. so shut up and get to work

cecilia said:
redrumloa said:
cecilia said:
why the big surprise??

last time i checked Obama inherited ALL the mistakes/bad policies bush started. acting as if he (and his drunk gun happy vp ) are not to blame is walking around with blinders on

plus, i NEVER figured Obama could ever possibly "fix" those problems. I just didn't want some marble mouth moron being an embarrassment parading as my President.

The only people who can make this country great are it's citizens. so shut up and get to work
All Presidents inherit the pluses and minuses of the state of the nation. The debt everyone is suddenly so afraid about (and blame Obama) has been running up for the past 30 years old. We're still paying for the borrowing Reagan did when he tripled the national debt. Every President since has increased the debt. The best we've seen is a slowing rate of increase under Clinton, but it was an increase none-the-less.

The US populace needs to stop for a second and look around. From 2001 - 2009 (the Bush era) there was a loss of jobs, loss of savings, and a backslip of the American worker while the top eschleon profited at rates not seen since the era of the Robber Barrons. Expecting Obama to fix all the bad decisions, especially the failures over 8 years, in two is nothing short of a Sisyphusian task.

One small plus this week was that the Tax Party Republicans joined the Democrats to cut the overbudget and failed F-35 project. A minor victory but at this point we'll take them where we can.

faethor said:
One small plus this week was that the Tax Party Republicans joined the Democrats to cut the overbudget and failed F-35 project. A minor victory but at this point we'll take them where we can.

Minor correction to your post.... Dems and Repubs voted to cut the second engine option for th F-35. They did not vote to cancel the program. The F-35 has foreign customers (UK and others) and as such is in no danger of being cut. The second engine was a decent idea when originated but rapidly became pure pork once the main engine passed tests. It needed to go a long time ago.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Back