The other shoe just dropped.

Fade

Reaction score
Let's see if there is any outrage from the left on this.

I know McDeath will like it, but surely Wayne and Cecilia can't ignore this one.

Remember that "Bill to let Big Government set your salary", if you work for a company that took or takes Tarp money.

Well here is the other shoe that Obama is slapping you in the face with.

If your company tries to pay the government back Obama won't accept the money. Now that he has control of your salary he won't let you off the hook.

At least a Mafia (La Cosa Nostra) loan shark will call it even-steven if you pay him back plus interest.

Fade said:
Well here is the other shoe that Obama is slapping you in the face with.

If your company tries to pay the government back Obama won't accept the money. Now that he has control of your salary he won't let you off the hook.

Damn straight he can tell 'em what to do. You give any company that much money ... you own them. They're Obama's bitches now.

McDeath fluffed
"Damn straight he can tell 'em what to do. You give any company that much money ... you own them. They're Obama's bitches now."
-------------------------------

Exactly. And he owns all the employees too.

That small statement about him setting the salary of every employee in the company apparently hasn't sunk in yet for liberals. Maybe it has for a few union automobile workers by now, but the rest of the folks seem to think it won't affect them.

Remember the agenda; healthcare and education, healthcare and education, healthcare and education. Both already receive federal dollars, so he won't need any approval from congress. He can just say time to cut salaries then everybody can enjoy affordable health care, time to cut salaries then we can afford to build more schools. Only problem with that is most teachers and healthcare workers will be looking for other jobs.

At what point will a liberal finally admit that Obama is not just trampling the constitution, he is running over it with a cement truck.

Fade said:

At least a Mafia (La Cosa Nostra) loan shark will call it even-steven if you pay him back plus interest.

Anyone who does not feel a chill run down their spine reading articles like this does not have a pulse.

Fast forward to today, and that same bank is begging to give the money back. The chairman offers to write a check, now, with interest. He's been sitting on the cash for months and has felt the dead hand of government threatening to run his business and dictate pay scales. He sees the writing on the wall and he wants out. But the Obama team says no, since unlike the smaller banks that gave their TARP money back, this bank is far more prominent. The bank has also been threatened with "adverse" consequences if its chairman persists. That's politics talking, not economics.

Think about it: If Rick Wagoner can be fired and compact cars can be mandated, why can't a bank with a vault full of TARP money be told where to lend? And since politics drives this administration, why can't special loans and terms be offered to favored constituents, favored industries, or even favored regions? Our prosperity has never been based on the political allocation of credit -- until now.

Which brings me to the Pay for Performance Act, just passed by the House. This is an outstanding example of class warfare. I'm an Englishman. We invented class warfare, and I know it when I see it. This legislation allows the administration to dictate pay for anyone working in any company that takes a dime of TARP money. This is a whip with which to thrash the unpopular bankers, a tool to advance the Obama administration's goal of controlling the financial system.

After 35 years in America, I never thought I would see this. I still can't quite believe we will sit by as this crisis is used to hand control of our economy over to government. But here we are, on the brink. Clearly, I have been naive.

I hate the big banks and fat cat bankers as much as the next guy, but this is worse. It is not just the big banks and crooked fat cats, it is even the small banks that behaved responsibly. Look further and see it is not just the banks, but everything.

USSR - United States Soviet Republic

I have to admit, it's kinda funny watching the conservatives freak out over Obama.

And it amazes me that liberals said Bush took away their rights and bashed the constitution when the govt. was listening to foreign telephone calls placed to the US, while Obama is in the process of taking control of every aspect of their lives and now they have nothing to say!

It also amazes me when Canadians think their economy is not tied directly to that of the US.

Fade said:
McDeath fluffed
"Damn straight he can tell 'em what to do. You give any company that much money ... you own them. They're Obama's bitches now."
-------------------------------

Exactly. And he owns all the employees too.

That small statement about him setting the salary of every employee in the company apparently hasn't sunk in yet for liberals.

If the company changes ownership so do the employees. The old owners decided how much each employee would make, and now the new owner will do the same. This will help the new owners manage their costs. Generally the owners of companies don't let the employees write their own cheques.

Fade said:
And it amazes me that liberals said Bush took away their rights and bashed the constitution when the govt. was listening to foreign telephone calls placed to the US,

That's not what the problem was. The destruction of the constitution was deep and broad and all the liberals complained about it but the "liberal media" largely ignored what was going on and didn't cover it in its full depth - and among the things the liberals pointed out was that the dictatorial powers that Cheney put in place (under the Rove theory that the Republikans would have a 100 year Reich, was that the next Prez would inherit those powers even if he was a Democrat and now ... well, here we are.

Fluffy opined
"the things the liberals pointed out was that the dictatorial powers that Cheney put in place "
--------------------------------

Yeah, I've been wondering about those.

Please point out some for everyone's edification if you would.

Fade said:
Fluffy opined
"the things the liberals pointed out was that the dictatorial powers that Cheney put in place "
--------------------------------

Yeah, I've been wondering about those.

Please point out some for everyone's edification if you would.

You know, it's kind of like you haven't been here for the last eight years but it's not like this is the first time the subject has come up around this place.

The warrantless wiretap scandal was a scandal precisely because there were legitimate ways of getting warrants for legitimate security or law enforcement wiretaps. These requests for warrants for such taps were almost never refused. The taps were not only for foreign calls either. The NSA had server rooms in the telecos and the telecos were co-operating and got nervous so the administration got retroactive cover for them passed. Break the law then change the law to say it was OK. Pretty brazen - not what is traditionally considered lawful.

Then there is the matter of using the armed forces for domestic law enforcement, assuming authority over state guard units, Total Information Awareness (now renamed but not forgotten)... torture... assassination squad reporting to the vice president. One wonders if Cheney took that perk along with him.

Then there was Cheney's theory of unitary executive - forget the three executive branches balancing each other out. What the President says is the law. It's the same stuff Cheney wasz pushing when he was in the Nixon White House.

metalman said:
Obama's renta-mob of Acorn community organizers are the "new politics of change"

Brownshirts tactics are the "change you've elected"

God forbid that the brown people should have any say in government. Next you'll have women and primitive savages like the Hispanics thinking that they deserve a say too.

FluffyMcDeath said:
metalman said:
Obama's renta-mob of Acorn community organizers are the "new politics of change"

God forbid that the brown people should have any say in government. Next you'll have women and primitive savages like the Hispanics thinking that they deserve a say too.

There you go with the race card bull$h't Fluffy. First I find myself almost agreeing with you on destruction of the consititution and then you yank out the race card where it does not belong. Are we really going to get 4 years of "Shut up and agree with him because he is black"?

redrumloa said:
FluffyMcDeath said:
metalman said:

There you go with the race card bull$h't Fluffy.?

One: I'm being ironic.

Two: Metalman dealt that card by using "acorn" as a slur.Big surprise, Red - acorn IS the race card and that's why the GOP played it so heavily in the last election.Do you think an organization that worked to get well to do white people out to vote would get any attention? Those organizations exist and are well financed, of course but they aren't criticized because they are encouraging "the right kind of people" to vote - i.e. thpose that are likely to vote in favour of the wealthy. Acorn is run by volunteers who encourage "the wrong kind of people" to vote and those people tend to be poor and minority, just the kinds of people who are more interested in social justice, becoming working class, access to affordable healthcare and other such things that the ruling classes have no interest in but 80 percent of Americans do have an interest in.

Acorn is people based political activity (what the Constitution is founded on) rather than money based political activity (what the current power structure is based upon). Thus it is a threat to our owners and they'd love for us to hate freedom as much as they do"

Shoes are dropping all over. I'm still trying to figure Obama out but he seems to be Jujitsu guy. He's like "Oh, you wanna go that way? OK, let me help you with a big push!" and then he's "Oh, you fell over. Now I'm gonna kick your ass!!!".

I think he's smart enough. We'll see how things pan out though. I'm still not sure which side he's really on.

We have, for e.g. we have the next step in the Bank crisis setting up to get rid of the upper level decision makers which is necessary to unwind the fraud and make the guys who hold the crap paper take the bath that's coming to them so we can get on with our lives.

But we also have Obama wanting to keep the Bush wiretap program. Is he gonna jujitsu that too and push it hard enough to fall down?

Now Repubs are fighting back saying that if Obama releasesBush torture memos they'll block all his appointments. Looks like these guys might be getting ready to push themselves over - but then again - how could they not try to fight this. There is a lot of sh!t headed fanward if this goes ahead and lots of folks are gonna end up smelly.

Back