The search for truth makes you unwittingly rub elbows with kooks.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Some people want the truth in anything no matter what. I'm finding myself more and more in that camp every year that passes. It's been well established even in the mainstream that some longtime accepted history is wrong. Some take that acceptance and try to redirect to another false history (see CRT and others). I have 2 pretty firm beliefs that many/most would scoff at, but maybe a couple here on Whyzzat would look at the evidence if I presented it and concede it was possible.

That's kind of the problem in my mind. People don't question things. Whyzzat grew out of a pocket of the nerd culture, so we have more critical thought than a lot of the general public, but overall there is not a great desire for independent confirmation or questioning established "facts". I get that life is hard and seemingly getting harder, but IMO ignoring falsehoods does not improve anything. Since at least my mid teens I've sought out alternative sources on things for opposing viewpoints. In my teens in the 80s I read the "Satanic Bible". I read books on abduction and missing time. Later in my adult life I've read and watched all sorts of eccentric things. If I watch, listen or read something it doesn't mean I put my stamp of approval on it. I'm looking for at least nuggets of truth. In all generations there seem to be a lot of grifters. Some subjects do end up with some tangible evidence and something to latch onto.

This brings me to my latest disappointment. Recently I stumbled on a Youtube channel with a series called "Question The Narrative". I listened to a few videos that seemed fine. She talked about a few subjects in history that seemed odd, but made it clear she was not presenting a clear answer. She gave a little back story in one of them about starting out as a Youtube parenting and homeschooling mother. All good I thought. She seemed grounded and just questioning accepted history in the videos I had listened to. Then in one she dropped a :smh: bomb in the last one I listened to. She mentioned causing major backlash in one of her recent videos for admitting in that video she had listened to the argument of some flat earthers and they changed her mind completely. She said something like she believe all images of the full earth we see from outer space are probably CGI.

What the holy eff? Whyzzat itself was founded by Wayne as:

Questioning the Questionable. Always.. Whyzzat.com strives to provide an open, rational battle ground to discuss the quandries of everyday life.

There's not a single person here that believes in flat earth AFAIK. Why is it that a non insignificant portion of the sentient (for lack of better term) person is a kook? Are they plants? Is individual thought a rare characteristic with a significant percentage of kooks? Whyzzat?

Back