The war on white people

Right. That's why I'd argue that Atlantis is less likely to be folklore as some claim. At least if you compare that with oral tradition of indigenous communities. Bigfoot is a shape shifter? I don't completely discount oral tradition. but it is certainly much less reliable.

probably a shared cultural memory related to the draining of Lake Agassi 8200 years ago, and/or the glacial melt water pulse 11000 years ago, and the resulting sea level rise

probably a shared cultural memory related to the draining of Lake Agassi 8200 years ago, and/or the glacial melt water pulse 11000 years ago, and the resulting sea level rise

While not contemporary, it was first put ink to paper in 360 BC by Plato. I've heard some interesting theories, but nothing definitive. I do doubt it is myth.

While not contemporary, it was first put ink to paper in 360 BC by Plato. I've heard some interesting theories, but nothing definitive. I do doubt it is myth.
The problem with flood stories is that floods are so common and retellings, like fish stories, can make them bigger over time.

History is written by the people who have writing and bother writing it down and keeping it in a safe place.
Well that too can be volatile, regarding the fact that libraries tended to burn down in the past, most notably the burning down of the library of Alexandria.
And more than once history was written by the one who won the battle.
The Djelis of west Africa had (have?) their own techniques for preserving history, which was accurate and adopted in the west in the form of the troubadour via Spain during the reconquista. It was a technique that allowed for large quantities of information being memorized. I do wonder how much knowledge they have regarding science etc.
The oldest written epic is "The epic of Gilgamesh" from 2700 - 2500 BC
Not much western white supremacism there now is it?

"You shouldn't have an opinion, you're white!"

Back