The Whyzzat Star Wars thread

Everything you showed there is just the anti Kennedy Star Wars fans with an agenda. I think you should stop reading this nonsense and go see the movie at the premiere and decide for yourself if you like it.

Everything you showed there is just the anti Kennedy Star Wars fans with an agenda. I think you should stop reading this nonsense and go see the movie at the premiere and decide for yourself if you like it.

I'll wait until I can see it cheap or for free digitally. After the historically bad Last Jedi, I will not be giving Lucasfilm the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not just going on what the fans are saying, I am also going by executives of Lucasfilms own words, and the words of their actors.

Donald Glover on Lando's sexuality in Solo: 'How can you not be pansexual in space?'

“How can you not be pansexual in space?” responded Glover as Ehrenreich and Clarke expressed surprise at hearing the news for the first time. “There are so many things to have sex with. I didn’t think that was that weird. Yeah, he’s coming on to everybody. I mean, yeah, whatever. It just didn’t seem that weird to me ‘cause I feel like if you’re in space it’s kind of like, the door is open! It’s like, no, only guys or girls. No, it’s anything. This thing is literally a blob. Are you a man or a woman? Like, who cares? Have good time out here.”

Early reviewers have stated his main love interest is the the feminist droid L3-37.

Julie HindsVerified account
@juliehinds
Detroit Free Press entertainment writer and pop culture critic.

Those sources aren't anti-kennedy fans. But yeah if the movie sounds like it is worth the money to you, go for it. I liked Star Wars because it was a-political SciFi. I'm not a fan of Dramas, and I'm not a fan of heavy handed force fed fringe politics.

-Edit-
By the way, again when this thread mentions Solo it is more about commentary of Disney bankrupting the franchise than it is desire to watch the movie. If you think it isn't possible to ruin and bankrupt the Star Wars franchise due to SJW politics, go look at what is happening to the Marvel Comic Book division. Here's a hint. All those favorite Marvel characters you just saw in Infinity War? They no longer exist in the actual comic books, literally. In turn Marvel Comic book sales are historic lows.

But hey, maybe you'd like those too.

Old

619757.jpg

New

WCAVEN2018001_cov-960x1457-600x911.jpg

Last edited:
Did no one at Disney's Lucasfilm ever even watch the original Star Wars films?

85e.jpg

Shills will shill. I'm highly suspicious of his Solo ranking, obviously, but I have not seen it yet. However I have seen Last Jedi so it confirms to me he is a complete shill.
I haven't seen any of the specials / spin offs but I've seen all the main films and wouldn't argue too much with his order of preference although I am one of those heretics who prefers the original Star Wars over Empire Strikes Back. I don't *think* I'm a shill but I do seem to have similar tastes to those you think must be fabricated.

I haven't seen any of the specials / spin offs but I've seen all the main films and wouldn't argue too much with his order of preference although I am one of those heretics who prefers the original Star Wars over Empire Strikes Back. I don't *think* I'm a shill but I do seem to have similar tastes to those you think must be fabricated.

I'm not a huge ranker, though I do it for fun sometimes. If I did a Star Wars ranking list I would probably put the original Star Wars (now called A New Hope) first too.

I thought you previously mentioned not having seen Last Jedi? Or am I confusing you with another member? Personally I thought Last Jedi was staggeringly bad. I'd put it dead last of every SW film I've seen, including the infamous 1978 Holiday Special.

As for spin offs, I've only seen ones that are canon. The only exception is that 1978 Holiday Special which was kept out of canon only due to the poor reception, I saw that. Rogue One was not bad. It had flaws for sure, but it was a pretty good movie and didn't crap on the franchise. I might put it before the prequels, though I'd have to rewatch to be sure. I haven't watched the prequels since they were in theaters. I have rewatched Rogue One at home already, so maybe that alone shows I'd rank it higher.

BTW why would I call some Joe Sixpack at home on a back alley forum a shill? You aren't given the red carpet treatment at premiers and fan events such as Star Wars Celebration in exchange for a gushing positive review on the national stage.

@Robert

You may enjoy this if you have time. It is only 15 minutes long. It's not a review at all, it is humorous commentary about the state of the reviewer community. I found it pretty funny.

I thought you previously mentioned not having seen Last Jedi? Or am I confusing you with another member?

No, that's about right. I hadn't seen it when the other thread went up but updated when I did.

Personally I thought Last Jedi was staggeringly bad. I'd put it dead last of every SW film I've seen, including the infamous 1978 Holiday Special.

I've never seen that one and probably never will.

I'll probably go to the pictures to see Solo, though.
I expect I'll probably enjoy it much the same way as I do all of them these days; ludicrous nonsense but fun all the same.
And I include the original trilogy in that. I watched them all again a couple of years ago and they are all absurdly poor in parts but generally enjoyable romps.

@Robert

You may enjoy this if you have time. It is only 15 minutes long. It's not a review at all, it is humorous commentary about the state of the reviewer community. I found it pretty funny.

I don't have time to watch it right now but when I do I'll be sure to come back here and post my own review of your review of reviewers reviewing reviewers.

Shills will shill. I'm highly suspicious of his Solo ranking, obviously, but I have not seen it yet. However I have seen Last Jedi so it confirms to me he is a complete shill.

Meh, I wouldn't say shill, but I'd say highly biased. I mean, the ranking Phantom Menace (which was a movie I wasn't very fond of, to say the least...) dead last? That alone says all it needs to. Clearly it should have been at least well before all the truly dreadful stuff like the holiday specials and Ewok marketing and whatnot. And, there are some decent arguments in this thread that it should be ranked even higher than I would. But, honestly, I felt TLJ fell about where it should. There's some pretty strong arguments to put it in that 4th-8th place range, somewhere. I certainly wouldn't have put Force Awakens where he did, either. 1st to 3rd have to be the originals. Nothing since has recaptured anything close to the way the original three movies meshed with their time. But, whatever.

T-minus 1 day!

33189349_1698867056833493_5584291159426990080_n.jpg

Today's the day. It will start showing in a couple hours. I won't both screenshot it, but User Rating is down one to 36%. That's almost 2/3 not interested.

Meh, I wouldn't say shill, but I'd say highly biased.

I would have to go with shill when it comes to so called professional critics. Look at the disparity between Critics and User Ratings for The Last Jedi. Critics - 91%, Users - 46%. Compare that with:

Infinity War's Critics - 82%, Users - 92%
Black Panther's Critics - 97%, Users - 79% (97% critics is a bit suspect, but that's another thread)
Wonder Woman' Critics - 92%, Users - 88%

None of these come close to the disparity of Last Jedi. It is partially because most of the critics are Hollywood types who love SJW politics over storytelling, but mostly because they want to make sure they stay on Disney's good side. They want the red carpet treatment to continue. They love mingling with celebrities and feeling important.

Also looking at those numbers, it blows holes in Disney Lucasfilms go-to explanation why everyday users hate TLJ and Solo. They claim the numbers are fake due to angry racist, sexist, homophobic middle-aged white men. If that were the case why are Wonder Woman and Black Panther so well accepted?

Mark my words, Solo will bomb. Episode 9 will bomb even further. Other anthology movies will be shelved.

I’ve got tickets to the 1145am showing on Friday. My thoughts afterwards but I’m really not sure what to expect from this film. We’ll see.

As for a previous comment, the new Star Trek (Abrams,etc...) is dead to me.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

I’ve got tickets to the 1145am showing on Friday. My thoughts afterwards but I’m really not sure what to expect from this film. We’ll see.

As for a previous comment, the new Star Trek (Abrams,etc...) is dead to me.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Bring a barf bag to be safe. Good luck.

Back