Those wacky Communists

redrumloa

Reaction score
http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/0 ... rock-show/

A standoff between rock fans and police led to 102 arrests Wednesday night when fired-up concertgoers took to the streets after a Rage Against the Machine show.

Several hundred fans of the band, whose songs include “Take the Power Back,” and “Bullet in the Head,” marched through downtown Minneapolis after the band finished its set at the Target Center arena.

The show ended at roughly the same time as the third night of the Republican convention across the Mississippi River in St. Paul. Fans of the politically radical band mixed with exuberant Republicans headed to exclusive parties where they toasted vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin’s speech.

As police in riot gear faced shirtless rock fans in the streets, Republicans looked on from the rooftop deck of the exclusive R. Norman’s steakhouse, where bigwigs like Minnesota Sen. Norm Coleman pressed the flesh.

Many of those at the party were not impressed with the spectacle.

“They’ll claim police brutality, then sue and win and make enough money to come to the next convention,” one partygoer said.

“They can sit there all night because they don’t have jobs,” said another.

The protesters didn’t sit there all night, in fact. Police arrested 102 after they occupied an intersection and refused to leave, said Bill Palmer of the Joint Information Center.

Most were ticketed for presence at an unlawful assembly, but two were booked on assault and obstruction of legal process, Palmer said.

Commies :roll:

A standoff between rock fans and police led to 102 arrests Wednesday night when fired-up concertgoers took to the streets after a Rage Against the Machine show.

Several hundred fans of the band, whose songs include “Take the Power Back,” and “Bullet in the Head,” marched through downtown Minneapolis after the band finished its set at the Target Center arena.

The show ended at roughly the same time as the third night of the Republican convention across the Mississippi River in St. Paul. Fans of the politically radical band mixed with exuberant Republicans headed to exclusive parties where they toasted vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin’s speech.

As police in riot gear faced shirtless rock fans in the streets, Republicans looked on from the rooftop deck of the exclusive R. Norman’s steakhouse, where bigwigs like Minnesota Sen. Norm Coleman pressed the flesh.

“They’ll claim police brutality, then sue and win and make enough money to come to the next convention,” one partygoer said.

The protesters didn’t sit there all night, in fact. Police arrested 102 after they occupied an intersection and refused to leave, said Bill Palmer of the Joint Information Center.

Most were ticketed for presence at an unlawful assembly, but two were booked on assault and obstruction of legal process, Palmer said.

Commies? Maybe, but I thought it was only the commies who arrested people for participating in protests such as these. Guess I was wrong.

- Mike

Commies? Maybe, but I thought it was only the commies who arrested people for participating in protests such as these. Guess I was wrong.

- Mike

- Mike

- Mike

- Mike

- Mike

Glaucus said:

- Mike

Protests are organized, legal events. This was no protest, it was a bunch of jobless, drugged-up commies trying to create civil unrest. Would you say the same thing if this was the Klan outside the DNC? Don't defend these jackasses just because they are commies.

Glaucus said:

- Mike

Protests are organized, legal events. This was no protest, it was a bunch of jobless, drugged-up commies trying to create civil unrest. Would you say the same thing if this was the Klan outside the DNC? Don't defend these jackasses just because they are commies.

Glaucus said:

- Mike

Glaucus said:

- Mike

Glaucus said:

- Mike

Glaucus said:

- Mike

redrumloa said:

So much for the strong economy myth.

Are you sure this isn't an onion article. It makes the Republicans sound like a bunch of snobby elite aristocrats looking down on the "commoners" and sending their bbailifs out to give them a darn good roughing up.

redrumloa said:

So much for the strong economy myth.

Are you sure this isn't an onion article. It makes the Republicans sound like a bunch of snobby elite aristocrats looking down on the "commoners" and sending their bbailifs out to give them a darn good roughing up.

Back