TTP is signed. What about the other two Ts?

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Coming soon - unless something can be done. So what are the three Ts?

Looks like it's all but done and dusted and most people are not even aware of its existence.

Scary stuff...

Looks like it's all but done and dusted and most people are not even aware of its existence.
Which I find hard to believe and yet ... talking to people proves it to be so - and yet, in my circles I've heard it talked about for years. How can this be?

So often I just feel like defecting. Why the hell not just join the moneyed side as a paid accomplice when so many sheep don't care if they are being fleeced? Obvious answer is that they'd never let me in because it's completely obvious that I'm not committed, and the other answer is they have all the allies they need and there's no point in spending more than you must to get it done.

How bad is the TPP? Apparently "all that we feared"!
Perhaps the biggest overall defeat for users is the extension of the copyright term to life plus 70 years (QQ.G.6), despite a broad consensus that this makes no economic sense,
On damages, the text (QQ.H.4) remains as bad as ever: rightsholders can submit “any legitimate measure of value” to a judicial authority for determination of damages
No exception to these damages provisions is made in cases where the rightsholder cannot be found after a diligent search, which puts the kibosh on ideas for the introduction of an orphan works regime
which is bad news for enthusiasts of defunct computers with defunct software houses who want to preserve games that no longer have active owners.
The severity of the earlier language on trade secrets protection has not been abated in the final text. It continues to criminalize those who gain “unauthorized, willful access to a trade secret held in a computer system,” without any mandatory exception for cases where the information is accessed or disclosed in the public interest, such as by investigative journalists or whistleblowers.
meaning that it becomes as illegal as it now is in the states for anyone to discover VW's diesel hack by examining the software.
It probably also becomes illegal to reverse engineer viruses to make better anti-virus software. Also no audits of voting machine software to prove that they don't cheat, and no safety audits for control systems in air-planes and nuclear reactors.

etc.

For some reason this is making me think of the corporatocracy depicted in the original Rollerball.
We seem to be sleepwalking into something similar.

Back