US Public Schools Failing Children (was funny pics 2022)

redrumloa

Reaction score
As not to derail the funny pics thread more.

I've been railing against this nonsense since at least the mid-late 90s with multiple kids in public school when they stopped teaching cursive, but really hard since the early-mid 00s when Apple laptops replaced pen and paper. I was accused of Prosophobia and the like and told that cursive, and handwriting in general, was antiquated. Knowing how math works was antiquated, everyone has a phone, computer or calculator to do it. Fast forward to today and a huge section of young adults, a seemingly majority of the ones in the service industry, can't do simple math or sign their name, despite a high school diploma. I wasn't even taught shop or home ec, though my wife was. I guess my generation was the dying days.

Things keep getting worse. Public schools are no longer about teaching knowledge and problem solving or even simple life skills. It's about indoctrination and much, much worse. I missed the theatre release, but will find it when it is available elsewhere, hopefully physical DVD/Bluray release.

-edit-
This is very personal to me. I have multiple kids and multiple grandkids. I also had my own experiences in school.

Last edited:
Are you following along with James Lindsay on this topic?

Can't say I'm familiar with him?
It's pretty dense stuff - he goes into all the academic history of "Theory" and lays out what it believes and how it is applied. Take a few days and soak up some podcasts. They are long, but it can't be done quickly.

Back