Halifax NS. 121.9 /L
Moncton N.B. 120.9 /L
Montreal QC. 134.9 /L
Winnipeg MB. 117.4 /L
Saskatoon SK. 118.9 /L
Edmonton AB. 117.4 /L
Vancouver BC. 158.9 /L

Laredo,TX 2.65/gal

Apparently they list it in cents. I just did the math and converted Canadian dollar to US Dollar, it's about $6.02 per gallon.

Apparently they list it in cents. I just did the math and converted Canadian dollar to US Dollar, it's about $6.02 per gallon.

Beginning April 1, 2018, B.C.'s carbon tax rate was raised to $35 per tonne of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions. ( gasoline = 7.78 cents per liter)

gasprice20180430.jpeg

Gas price just down the street right now.
It's been hanging around the 150s for a while but it this is a little on the high side.
One of the many problems in Vancouver is that the real estate round here is worth too much to have gas stations taking up the space. Downtown has no gas stations any more. Land rents are way up and the land taxes go up with them. We also have the provincial carbon tax and a city carbon special levy. Vancouver is actively trying to discourage car traffic and increase other modes. We have no room to build new roads and population density keeps rising.
This station might be a little higher than the average though as this is a fairly wealthy neighbourhood and the competition half a block down closed last year.

I'm actually pretty surprised that is a new record. Canadian gas prices tend 1.3 - 1.6x American prices. That is pretty historical. And it works for most border cities. I see it all the time. Detroit is at around $2.65 / gal (according to gasbuddy). That in Canadian cents is 87 / liter. Windsor is right around 120 / liter. In other words, pretty typical.

Seattle is at $3.15 / gal. That is Canadian cents 104 / liter. Vancouver is at 158 / liter. Slightly high, probably partially boosted by that extra gas tax metalman mentioned... But it still looks pretty typical for where prices are creeping to in North America.

I come out around USD $4.70 / gal, using google's current $1.28CAD to $1USD, and 3.785 liters per gallon.

I come out around USD $4.70 / gal, using google's current $1.28CAD to $1USD, and 3.785 liters per gallon.

Yeah I screwed up the currency conversion it seems.

We pay about AUD$1.50 on average in Melbourne. The highest i have seen it is about AUD$1.60

The AUD and CAD is about the same give or take a few cents.

Back