Warp Speed!

James T Kirk said:
:shock: Mr. Sulu, Warp 99!

When I was a teenager, it was the golden years of Star Trek. We had DSN and Voyager (although Voyager was perhaps a bit tedious). Then that tosh Enterprise came along. I would enjoy a series set shortly after the Dominion War.

smithy said:
James T Kirk said:

When I was a teenager, it was the golden years of Star Trek. We had DSN and Voyager (although Voyager was perhaps a bit tedious). Then that tosh Enterprise came along. I would enjoy a series set shortly after the Dominion War.

Some of us grew up with Fireball XL-5 and progressed to UFO

ScapeGoat said:
Space 1999, Lost Saucer, Far Out Space Nuts, and Star Blazers....

ScapeGoat said:
smithy said:
James T Kirk said:

Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, Stingray, the Tomorrow People, Sapphire and Steel, Dr. Who, ... erm ... the Clangers!!

Flash Gordon & Buck Rogers (1930's originals - er, repeats of, I'm not that old!), Blake's 7, Space 1999, Dr Who (Tom Baker onwards), Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy, and of course Star Trek (original!).

Blimey I can remember hearing on the radio that they might be doing a Star Trek film!

Other Sci-Fi I remember from that age was an album: Jeff Wayne's musical version of War of the Worlds. Still a fantastic album.

minator said:
Other Sci-Fi I remember from that age was an album: Jeff Wayne's musical version of War of the Worlds. Still a fantastic album.
Still have that. The staples have pulled through the paper of the booklet though but I still have all the pages. Loved the art, loved the music.

Recently went to see a production of that down at the local planetarium. Live band doing the music, laser show and projector effects on the dome. Pretty cool.

LEXX the anti-Star Trek

They arrive at a planet, attempt to solve the inhabitants problems, their attempt of help creates of domino effect of more problems, the planet or people are then destroyed.

ScapeGoat said:
smithy said:
James T Kirk said:

Excellent choices all!

For me - Star Trek (TOS), Lost in Space, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants, Fireball XL-5, Thunderbirds, UFO, Space:1999, The Starlost, Buck Rogers (in the 25 Century), Starblazers, Robotech, STTNG, Babylon 5, Deep Space 9, Voyager, Space Above and Beyond and lately... Torchwood.

I've watched Dr. Who (on and off) over the years but for whatever reason it never holds my attention for very long. Don't know why. :?

There now, that should about cover it... :wink:

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Back