Wayne County Sheriff Busted, Citizen Ask Officer to Obey Mi. Law

robert l. bentham

Reaction score

On this day, just east on this highway, there is a seat belt Sting in progress. Maybe ten local and State Police involved in pulling over vehicles where they failed to wear their seat belts! One of these sneaky Officers parked hiding behind trees and a sign with a set of binoculars to alert other officers as to pull them over and write a ticket. OK! I will NOT stand by any longer and witness this double standard with our government at any level! My video cameras are mounted on tri pods, and are on every time I shift into drive. I'm not at all distracted. I do not go out of my way to get video, I do not have to, But if I see anyone who is employed by the tax payer, I will get footage. I am Pissed off Big Time with the waste and corruption I see with my Government! It's our Right and our Duty to ensure our Government operates within our Constitution......Mi seat belt Law is very clear, Law Enforcement are not exempt. Search it, read the law. As for this Deputy, besides not wearing seat belt, This Fake Law Enforcement tail gated me for nearly three miles. I switched lanes a couple times, he stayed on my ass. I slowed to half posted speed, he stayed on my ass. When I told him he was following me, and I thought he wanted something, He said he was just driving, doing the speed limit. What a lie. Oh Yea, he was cool, he knew he was on camera. I did call Sheriff Office, I spoke with someone to file a complaint, She took my name and phone and said someone would return my call. I NEVER received a return call.....So any how, I went to Court with Documents in hand, After this Impersonator told me to be sure to be in court, He was a no show. Ticket was Dismissed. Funny thing, as I was presenting Documents to Magistrate, I was told I had to leave right now. I told him I will leave as soon as I have a Document stating that the ticket was dismissed. He then called in a court officer who walked me to a different part of the building, took me to the front of a line, and received the docs I wanted. He then walked me to the door. Very Strange. ...See....... Sheriff Deputy Stalks Citizen, Fails to be Truthful. For the near 3 mile tailgate, with documents. If you are one of the very few that read video description Thank You

Well, being from Wayne County, I can say that is pretty par for the course around here. The "traffic law enforcement" is used a local revenue generating base, rather than any form of actual safety or order. And if I spot a car weaving erratically and aggressively tailgating, it's usually by a Ford Crown Vic or Dodge Charger with push bar on it.

As a side note.... Around here, it's always in your best interest to request a hearing about any ticket that involves points to your license. (Impeding traffic does not.) If you're actually daring enough to request the formal court request, (like he did) 90%+ of the time the officer won't show. But, honestly, you rarely need to do that. Most of the time you can request an informal hearing or meeting with the judge, at which point the ticket will be reduced to impeding traffic, and you'll just pay a flat fee, with nothing noted on your record. (Ah, again... Proof they don't care about anything but the revenue generation.)

I love the local traffic enforcement. (sigh) Just another benefit of living in Detroit.

Don't ya love it how they just don't care that it's an obvious scam? Now that's power.

Don't ya love it how they just don't care that it's an obvious scam? Now that's power.

Heh... Yeah. My most recent speeding ticket was in a poorer area of Wayne County. Yeah, I was doing 5 over. So was everyone else. I was just a middle-class target in a lower class area. A ticket for 1-5 over carries 2 points, which will hike the insurance on my sunny-day Mustang more than I want to think about. So when I went in the courthouse, I asked about options for a hearing. The clerk then asked me point-blank if I wanted a hearing regarding the points. I thought that was a bit blatant, but figured maybe she was just overly honest. I said yes, and she scheduled me to show up a couple weeks from then. I show up for that meeting, and there are about 10 other people waiting in that area. The judge walked in said to the group, "Am I right to assume you're all here to have your points removed?" In the back of my mind, I was wondering if this was a setup or something. But right down the row as he asked each person, they answered yes... So I figured, what the heck, I would too. After he finished down the row, he said, "Alright, you all now have Impeding Traffic tickets. See the clerk for payment options." Then he handed a stack of papers to the clerk and walked away. Just amazing how open they are about it being about the revenue. LOL!

Back