Will Smith (not memes)

Will, Chris and Jada should get an Oscar for best 60 second drama. It's a fascinating short story even though the punchline comes early and the ending drags a bit.

Will, Chris and Jada should get an Oscar for best 60 second drama. It's a fascinating short story even though the punchline comes early and the ending drags a bit.

Well this just seems to be the blow off for years of drama with them. I don't follow pop culture stuff, actively avoid it for the most part, but even then I couldn't avoid hearing bits and pieces over recent years. Will is apparently an angry bitter cuck who was cucked against his will (no pun intended, yet stays with Jada.

If you think this was all staged, I disagree. This will probably derail Will's career in the long run.

If you think this was all staged, I disagree. This will probably derail Will's career in the long run.
I don't think it was staged. I just think it was really interesting, as has been the reaction.

OTOH, it might be better for everyone involved if they let people THINK it was staged. Then it would be just entertainment and not "violence".

OTOH, it might be better for everyone involved if they let people THINK it was staged. Then it would be just entertainment and not "violence".

I never watched or listened to his stuff pre-movies, but I have seen a number of his movies. Never thought much of it and enjoyed a few of them, subconsciously thinking he's at least a descent actor. This outburst ruined that for me. After seeing that it became the glue between those roles I liked. Those roles he was not playing a character. Will Smith was playing Will Smith. He's a one trick pony.

THIS is the best summary

Without reading it I already have to disagree. Speaking as a man (though I could be a woman, I don't know, I'm not a biologist) I don't feel it has anything to do with me. This is about Will Smith mainly, his relationship with Jada, and that's about it. It wasn't even really a blow against Chris Rock if he chooses not to let it be. We are all individuals. It is an error to see every person as a sort of ambassador for their phenotype.

CLAY TRAVIS, HOWARD STERN, THE VIEW, ALL AGREE. NO, REALLY

Clay Travis, Howard Stern and the ladies from The View all walk into a room and…get along!
---
But at least for one day, Stern, the hosts of The View and the new King of All Media (that’s Clay, by the way) agreed on one of the biggest talking points in America today: the Will Smith/Chris Rock incident at the Oscars.

All parties practically cried out in unison that Smith was out of line and may need some serious help.

“You cannot walk onto a stage and strike someone – an act of physical violence – over what that person said. Should be unacceptable,” Travis, OutKick’s founder, said late Wednesday. “I believe Will Smith should be charged with a crime, even if the punishment is not likely to be severe. Just to send the message that what he did was totally unacceptable.”

Without reading it I already have to disagree. Speaking as a man (though I could be a woman, I don't know, I'm not a biologist) I don't feel it has anything to do with me. This is about Will Smith mainly, his relationship with Jada, and that's about it. It wasn't even really a blow against Chris Rock if he chooses not to let it be. We are all individuals. It is an error to see every person as a sort of ambassador for their phenotype.

I'm not going to knock their take , but I agree more with your point of view. Had typed another reply, but deleted that wall of text because I don't want to get super political here. In a strange way they are being consistent, even if I think they are missing a larger point.

The comment section of this trending post is brutal towards Will Smith. He's done.

277355135_3206962679585983_3454125164088924960_n.jpg

He not only sat back down in his seat, later in the show he received an awarded and got a STANDING OVATION.

This is why people who are starting to live live or die by their hot takes need to cool their engines. The people claiming it was all staged WWE style are looking pretty dumb.

Will Smith Resigns from Motion Picture Academy amid Chris Rock Oscars Assault Backlash

Smith in a statement released Friday afternoon he would “accept any further consequences the Board deems appropriate. I will fully accept any and all consequences for my conduct. My actions at the 94th Academy Awards presentation were shocking, painful, and inexcusable.

“I will fully accept any and all consequences for my conduct. My actions at the 94th Academy Awards presentation were shocking, painful, and inexcusable,” Smith said in the statement.

“I betrayed the trust of the Academy. I deprived other nominees and winners of their opportunity to celebrate and be celebrated for their extraordinary work,” Smith’s statement said. “I am heartbroken. I want to put the focus back on those who deserve attention for their achievements and allow the Academy to get back to the incredible work it does to support creativity and artistry in film. ”

Back