Working class not attending church so much

IMO they're figuring out religion is a ponzi scheme used as a political tool. Especially the doctrine of predestination. This is where one receives their fame and fortune (aka blessings) due to God's favor. Which is of course bunk. As Jesus said - A rich man is less likely to enter heaven then a camel sent through the eye of a needle ... I think the article said this albeit in a slightly nicer manner.

IMO they're figuring out religion is a ponzi scheme used as a political tool.
I think there is a level of embarrassment - if you are poor and your church believes that is an indication of whether or not your name is already on the guest list for heaven (predestination, as you said) then who would want to go to the church to show everyone how "not getting in" you are.

OTOH, seems like fertile ground for a church of the poor - which could be a powerful political tool and also protected by the tax laws and political climate of favouritism towards religion.

As Jesus said - A rich man is less likely to enter heaven then a camel sent through the eye of a needle .

One of Big-J's all time, greatest hits and a personal favourite of mine. :pint:

(That's if he even existed, let alone said that but it's a cracker nonetheless.)

Back