World population and how agricultural technology can help

Well, not just that, of course. Monsanto's Roundup also has fertility suppressing effects. It's not that there's any evil plan at work though, it's all just part of hubris, greed and short sightedness. Easter Island was once covered in jungle when people first got there and they didn't have a plan to wreck the place.

We invent things to solve problems, but we always make new problems when we do and that requires new inventions to solve. Each time we can feed more people we end up getting more people - more people than we can feed. And when we provide a new solution we don't worry too much about the consequences down the road because a) you make money off of what you can sell today. The problems you make today are what you will make money from by selling something that fixes that (and being optimistic about technology we figure if we don't know how to solve it now we will in the future ... or who cares anyway because I'll be dead and it'll be someone else's problem).

Methinks he was mixing too much Canola oil with his hog food. :D

It's not that there's any evil plan at work though, it's all just part of hubris, greed and short sightedness.

Yes it is an evil plan.

Yes it is an evil plan.
Yes, there is a plan, and yes, it is evil, but I don't think Monsanto are working to kill off their market. It's just that they don't care - they want money now.

I'm fairly sure that the ruling classes don't actually need to cull the people, and would rather have a large slave class (without a troublesome middle class) that they can control and feed on table scraps. Unaffordable medical care, occasional violence, malnutrition and epidemics will do the work of capping the population for the most part. There will be armed culls in areas where people get "uppity" but these won't be called culls but "peace operations" or "crowd control" or some such thing that suggests that all the rest of the slaves are being protected from the terroristy slaves. The weak will die and the strong shall slave for the elites. It's just another form of eugenics by which the rulers "improve" their livestock.

@FluffyMcDeath,
Your post sounds exactly right. I'd like to add they are anti-abortion because it preemptively culls the supply of cheap labor. It's economically benefical to get work out of them first.

Back