WTF has Obama done?

faethor said:
http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

I like #39 -- more private sector jobs were created in 2010 than in the entire Bush years. Now this news item was from Oct of 2010. Oct of 2010 itself was another net private sector job creation.

Wow, what a spin in that article!!! :shock:

Spin? Yeah it's there. True that more jobs were created in 2010 in Obama than the net of the Bush years? Yes true. Aassuming you believe the B of L and S numbers. The chart here is fairly clear. Obama was sworn in in Jan of 2009. At that point the job losses started to shrink and in 2010 we've had a growth of the private sector jobs. Now we haven't regained all the 2008 and 2009 losses but we are regaining jobs.

I got work after Obama became president.

I'm happy :pint:

cecilia said:

So You were the lucky winner!!!
:pint: Congratulations!!!

faethor said:
http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

I like #39 -- more private sector jobs were created in 2010 than in the entire Bush years. Now this news item was from Oct of 2010. Oct of 2010 itself was another net private sector job creation.

Are perhaps the Obama tax breaks are having positive effects?

Venture tax receipts fell 11% in FY2010?
Look at what has happened during the past four years with gross non-withheld income tax receipts, which are predominantly paid by entrepreneurs, business owners, and investors (in billions):

- Fiscal 2007 — $437.6
- Fiscal 2008 — $455.3
- Fiscal 2009 — $312.4
- Fiscal 2010 — $278.2

From their peak in 2008, gross non-withheld receipts have dived by almost 39%. During fiscal 2010, the year of supposed economic recovery, they dropped another 11%.

When the Obama administration speaks of recovery, they are referring to the boom market of the public sector in Washington DC.

metalman said:
Venture tax receipts fell 11% in FY2010?
Look at what has happened during the past four years with gross non-withheld income tax receipts, which are predominantly paid by entrepreneurs, business owners, and investors (in billions):

- Fiscal 2007 — $437.6
- Fiscal 2008 — $455.3
- Fiscal 2009 — $312.4
- Fiscal 2010 — $278.2

From their peak in 2008, gross non-withheld receipts have dived by almost 39%. During fiscal 2010, the year of supposed economic recovery, they dropped another 11%.

When the Obama administration speaks of recovery, they are referring to the boom market of the public sector in Washington DC.
One thing you forgot was the Dems (and a very few Republicans) passed one of the largest tax cuts in US history. 40% of the monies associated with the Stimulus monies are from tax cuts. The question is what % of change to taxes are due to them being reduced.

What did we see from the stimulus package? Tea Baggers not recognizing they are paying the lowest level of taxes since the 50s. And, of course, about 100 Republicans who voted against the Stimulus went back to their district and did a song and dance about how the new package will be a boon for jobs to their area and what a good job they did. Politics or a circus? Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the two.

metalman said:
cecilia said:

jealous much?

I've work for everything I've ever gotten.

NEVER been on welfare or taken ANYTHING from the government. I don't have to apologize for anything.

and i didn't "win" a lottery because Obama is president. I've worked as an artist long enough to notice that when the economy is good or getting better, I work more often. When the economy sucks (when it's only a benefit to the rich) I work less often.

It's not for lack of MY trying to find work.

cecilia said:
metalman said:
cecilia said:

NEVER been on welfare or taken ANYTHING from the government. I don't have to apologize for anything.

and i didn't "win" a lottery because Obama is president. I've worked as an artist long enough to notice that when the economy is good or getting better, I work more often.

You sound like you have joined the Tea Party! Welcome aboard

You mean the magical Unicorn handing out skittles didn't get you the work?? :roll: By some unexplained coincidence the 'Obama stimulus job lottery winners were all in the SEIU. :shock:

faethor said:
Tea Baggers

Urban Dictionary. Tea bagger
1) a man that squats on top of a persons face and lowers his scrotum into their mouth during sex, known as "teabagging"
2) One who slaps another person in the face with their nad sack.
3) Someone who rests their scrotum on another person face, while they are asleep/passed out.

You seem to have a testicle fetish, planning a San Francisco Treat for yourself?

Jon Stewart: You guys went a little overboard with the “teabagger” thing, don’t you think?

metalman said:
faethor said:
Tea Baggers
Also the original name for the Tea Party... One of their first actions was to mail Tea Bags out to members of Congress. Then someone used Google and they said oops better change the name of our group.

metalman said:
cecilia said:

and i didn't "win" a lottery because Obama is president. I've worked as an artist long enough to notice that when the economy is good or getting better, I work more often.

You sound like you have joined the Tea Party! Welcome aboard

You mean the magical Unicorn handing out skittles didn't get you the work?? :roll: By some unexplained coincidence the 'Obama stimulus job lottery winners were all in the SEIU. :shock:
sorry, buddy, I most definitely will never be a member of this tea party. I am not ignorant.
I've never needed the government to GIVE me anything. Just leave me alone to live my life.

this stimulus is not about handouts, it's about getting the ball rolling so people CAN go on and do what they wish with their lives.

I guess you just didn't notice the financial disaster that the Iraq/Afghanistan wars cost

how soon they forget

Back