You think you've seen sicker shock?

minator said:
I was just in Norway for a couple of weeks.

Sticker shock really doesn't sum it up:

For a main meal (no starter or sweet) you can easily expect to pay £15 ($30), a cheapo burger for a van is £6 ($12), big Mac £10 ($20), a pint of beer (larger) is £6 ($12).

I seen a hotel for £70 ($140) a night, that was cheap.

Really beautiful place but holy crap, it's so expensive!

Scandanavia :lol: I went to Copenhagen a few years ago and was stung by similar prices. Gorgeous place though.

minator said:

For a main meal (no starter or sweet) you can easily expect to pay £15 ($30), a cheapo burger for a van is £6 ($12), big Mac £10 ($20), a pint of beer (larger) is £6 ($12).

Scandanavia :lol: I went to Copenhagen a few years ago and was stung by similar prices. Gorgeous place though.

minator said:

minator said:

A cheapo burger? A big Mac?
Why don't you eat the local food, for local prices?

For the most part I did, that's the £15 (actually usually higher but occasionally lower). I only had a burger on the first day.

I don't remember even seeing a Norwegian restaurant so I don't know what the "local food" is, although I did have some rather odd meals - Cod dumplings anyone?

For the most part I did, that's the £15 (actually usually higher but occasionally lower). I only had a burger on the first day.

I don't remember even seeing a Norwegian restaurant so I don't know what the "local food" is, although I did have some rather odd meals - Cod dumplings anyone?

There's a Hell, Michigan.

Yep, not much there. A bar and a general store selling tourist crap.

I stopped there once on a drive to Lansing. (Only about 10-15 miles off my path). It was a wintery day, and I got a picture of me throwing a snowball next to the Welcome to Hell sign. I wish I could find it... :lol:

There's a Hell, Michigan.

Yep, not much there. A bar and a general store selling tourist crap.

I stopped there once on a drive to Lansing. (Only about 10-15 miles off my path). It was a wintery day, and I got a picture of me throwing a snowball next to the Welcome to Hell sign. I wish I could find it... :lol:

Back