2020 Presidential Debates

redrumloa

Reaction score
This may need to be moved to "Funny" after tonight, we'll see.

Team Biden Has Yet to Consent to Trump Campaign’s Request for an Earpiece Check Before Debate

According to reports ahead of the first head-to-head debate, President Donald Trump’s team requested that a third party check the ears of both candidates to ensure there are no listening devices — a request to which the former vice president’s team has yet to agree, according to Fox News’s Bill Hemmer.

Additionally, Biden’s campaign reportedly requested breaks every 30 minutes, but the Trump team rejected that request as well. However, Fox News’s Bret Baier pointed out that the debate commission always said the debate would be 90 minutes straight through with no commercial breaks.

“As far as the listening devices and the Biden campaign’s response to that, I think that’s interesting. We will have to follow that through the day to [see] what comes out of that,” Baier added:

Tonight may be... Errrmmm... Interesting..........

120456427_10166238096665354_4596966978707460270_n.jpg

Considering his frontrunner status and compared to other competing seasoned politicians, Biden underperformed in the debates during the primaries earlier this year but Trump sure managed to make him look 'good'.

Dismissing Biden as "mentally unhealthy" has always been a high-risk strategy because it does lower the expectations significantly. Even just a lackluster performance is perfectly enough to 'disprove' any allegations that Trump's political opponent is suffering from debilitating cognitive decline.

Also, the strategy to preemptively accuse Biden for 'cheating' by wearing an earpiece should not be very effective. I have no doubts that complete morons will believe it but anybody with more than a few brain cells will understand that the constant interruptions and personal insults would have made it impossible to listen, understand, and then perfectly repeat what someone tells you via an earpiece at a debate setting.

Anyway, the LA Times had a mildly interesting YouTube video showing independent voters reacting to the debate. Even those who were likely to vote for Trump in November did not have anything more nice to say about Trump's performance than "classic Trump."

The issue for Trump is that you can only effectively run as an "outsider" once.

Trump was simultaneously faking outrage about the failure of prior adminstrations to raise taxes by closing loopholes and praising himself for lowering taxes even further. This is a pretty mixed and largely incoherent position to take.

Not a first for Trump, of course. But then again, what some considered to be 'entertaining' and 'refreshing' in 2016 can become played out by 2020. The coronavirus crisis has certainly renewed interest in seriousness in politics, which is not exactly Trump's strong suit.

Dismissing Biden as "mentally unhealthy" has always been a high-risk strategy because it does lower the expectations significantly. Even just a lackluster performance is perfectly enough to 'disprove' any allegations that Trump's political opponent is suffering from debilitating cognitive decline.

Also, the strategy to preemptively accuse Biden for 'cheating' by wearing an earpiece should not be very effective. I have no doubts that complete morons will believe it...

Indeed.
The idea that a "stable genius who plays 5D chess" and was expected to wipe the floor in any debate with "sleepy Joe dementia" would be reduced shouting over the top of him because of nothing more than an ear piece and some amphetamine is tragically funny.

Good old Q to the rescue. Q who also said sleepy would be a no show. Q who is wrong about almost everything.
:lol:
This Q?:
Did Q bother to explain why sleepy Joe needed a mic as well as an earpiece, or has he left that to the anons to numerology it out as usual?
Did Q bother to explain who the crack team on the other end of the wire were, and why they were good enough to reduce the stable-5D-chess-genius to a blithering tantrum? Those guys are obviously so smart, I guess they should be running the country.

-EDIT-
This is utterly glorious stuff. The anons are outdoing themselves. Can I be the first to say, I welcome our new Bidenator overlord:
EjK9T0HU8AE33Hm

EjLGLC4XkAQg-mf

Last edited:
Good Lord. Joe Biden. Super senile super spy. Just when you think you've hit rock bottom, someone figures out a way to dig further. There just aren't enough facepalms.

Ya know? I'm a Trump Supporter and honestly believe that Joe isn't up to the job, but damn, that "debate" was a complete dumpster fire for both candidates. Trump was trying desperately to rattle Biden and he just came across as a rude-assed bully... Meanwhile, Joe looked and acted very much like he was getting the answers fed to him because he's just not that quick-witted.

Not the slam-dunk I was hoping to see, and I don't think either candidate walked away a winner.

The Qanons are now squabbling over which part of their paranoid conspiracy is made up and which part is true:

EjOSVsuWsAAHLJR

This stuff is tremendous, although the AI contact lenses will take some beating.

Ya know? I'm a Trump Supporter and honestly believe that Joe isn't up to the job, but damn, that "debate" was a complete dumpster fire for both candidates. Trump was trying desperately to rattle Biden and he just came across as a rude-assed bully... Meanwhile, Joe looked and acted very much like he was getting the answers fed to him because he's just not that quick-witted.

Not the slam-dunk I was hoping to see, and I don't think either candidate walked away a winner.

These debates are so pointless. I don't even know why they bothered, other than just for the spectacle of the thing. I mean, we all know what we have with Trump. Either you can tolerate his bully antics (which aren't great optics, but I don't honestly care that much about) and laser focus on stocks (which can be good at times, but has proven to be disastrous this year), or you've just had enough and want him gone, regardless. Personally, I lost it at his complete mismanagement over COVID and then his attacks toward discrediting the election just sealed the deal. If he was truly concerned about voting security, he had more than 3 years to do something about it when I would have supported him doing so. To be totally quiet about it until election year? Yeah, right. For the good of this country he needs to be gone.

Biden is a boring-ass speaker. That is already known. Personally, I doubt he was being fed answers. He just has to take a moment to compose himself enough to actually speak. He has a really tough time doing it. The guy is a stutterer who has dealt with that all his life. And he's a little slow on the uptake. These are all pretty well documented. (Honestly, if he was being fed information, I might be even more impressed, because to manage the stuttering and keep that many voices from that many different sources straight in that chaotic and stressful of a situation might illustrate more faculties there than we think.)

But either way, regardless, I don't think it matters to anyone who "wins" these train wrecks. Hell, some of us have already voted. I did.

Personally, I doubt he was being fed answers.

Robert can reference Qanon all he wants, but to regular people I don't think believe he was being fed entire answers. He obviously had memorized answers. At least 3 times Joe started answering a question that no one asked. In those cases it was actually the "moderator" Chris Wallace that got him back on track with "actually the question was blah blah blah" (I joked at the time it was the "Biden Bot" glitching, and Chris Wallace had to reset him). I didn't count how many times he'd be reciting his answer and either start mumbling, or just start freezing up. Someone was likely just feeding him his next word he was struggling with. Probably one person, probably just trigger words. If not that, something similar, not a team of people talking all at once.

People claim the wire on his chest is "just a crease in his shirt", or "obviously a microphone". Both are insistent they are right any any other interpretation is stupidity, while they can't both be true. OTOH, these same people completely ignore what's going on in his cuff.

120553644_181946560121472_91835988906531387_o-jpg.1908

Joe is OBVIOUSLY in serious cognitive decline. Just go back 5 years, let alone 10 years, and listen to him speak compared to now.

Why do you think they want to change debate rules midstream?

Image may contain: text that says 'SPAN CSPAN @cspan Who won the first presidential debate? #Debates2020 #debates Donald Trump Joe Biden None of the above 69% 19% Unsure 10% 325,530 votes •Final results 2%'

Back