Dead Celebs - 2024

Sika Anoa'i, WWE Hall of Famer, father of Roman Reigns and member of The Wild Samoans, dead at 79

roman-reigns-sika-wwe.jpg

The Wild Samoans debuted in WWF in 1980 where they were managed by "Captain" Lou Albano. That April they won the WWF tag team championship, defeating Ivan Putski and Tito Santana. They would drop the titles in August and win them again in September. After losing the belts for the second time, they would return to various territories, capturing more championships, including in Mid-South Wrestling and the National Wrestling Alliance.

The Samoans would make one more run as WWF tag team champions in 1983, eventually dropping them to the team of Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas. Johnson, father of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, was on the other branch of the larger Anoa'i wrestling family tree.

Anoa'i would retire in 1988 but would remain an occasional presence in WWF/WWE, where The Wild Samoans were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007.

Anoa'i was also the father of Roman Reigns and briefly returned to WWE in 2020 to play a role in Reigns' ascendance as "The Head of the Table." Both he and Afa appeared at that year's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view to crown Reigns as "The Tribal Chief," and would later be referred to as the family "elders" in some of Reigns' storylines.

I watched The Wild Samoans on WWF growing up. They were entertaining. Seemed like a nice guy in real life. Shame.

Last edited:
Sorry, you get wrestling related ones from me.

Former Head of Turner Broadcasting Jamie Kellner Passes Away

For wrestling fans, Kellner is best known as the man who ultimately decided to cancel WCW when he took over the Head of Turner Broadcast, succeeding Ted Turner in 2000. Kellner canceled the TV contracts of WCW programming as the company continued to lose money and AOL Time Warner wanted to move in a different direction.

Outside of wrestling, Kellner is credited for helping launch and turn a profit for Fox and The WB. Kellner was at the helm when "The Simpsons,” “Married… With Children,” “Cops,” “In Living Color” and “21 Jump Street” premiered on Fox and when Creek,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Gilmore Girls,” “7th Heaven” premiered on The WB. Kellner also launched Fox Kids during his time at the network.

Only Ted Turner himself wanted to keep wrestling on TBN. By the mid-late 90s his influence in the company he created had diminished. For 83 weeks in 96-98, WCW actually beat WWF in ratings during the so called Monday Night Wars. The viewership and popularity of WCW was insane in this period. They could sell out 40k+ stadium seats for TV tapings and could get 5M+ viewers on Monday Nitro. That started to diminish in 99 and by 2000 the company was a mess. Turner did no favors to WCW even in the good days. By the time things turned south, they were only too happy to usher in the end of the company.

You know what's crazy? When they pulled the plug, WCW Nitro was still getting 5-7x or more viewers than AEW is currently pulling in. Them refusing external offers for the company and selling the whole IP with legacy tape library to WWF (now WWE) for a couple million dollars should tell you how bad faith they were operating on. Eric Bichoff's group offer was many multiples the offer from WWF. The conspiracy theories of collusion between Turner execs and Vince McMahon probably have at least some merit.

That WCW tape library included some legacy NWA territories also. The (original) NWA was the older wrestling governing body.

‘ALF’ Star Benji Gregory Dies at 46

IMG_3523-640x480.jpg

My brother Ben was found in his car, along with his beloved service dog Hans, deceased on June 13.

We believe he went there the evening of the 12th to deposit some residuals. (Found in his car) and never got out of the car to do so. He fell asleep and died from vehicular heatstroke.

BRUJERIA's PINCHE PEACH Has Died At 57 Years Old

Brujeria vocalist and purveyor of samples Ciriaco "Pinche Peach" Quezada has died at 57 years old. Peach was a part of the original Brujeria lineup back in 1989 and has played with the band up until present day. We wish Peach's family and friends our deepest condolences at this time.

The following is a statement from Brujeria, translated from Spanish.

"I never thought I'd have to do something like this. This is not easy for me. So here I am with some very heartbreaking news. This news hurts more than anything else announced here before..

Pinche Peach from Brujeria passed away last night from severe heart complications.

"As a member of Brujeria for a long time, I was the unmasked face of Brujeria! He was the 'star' of all our music videos. Videos like 'La Migra' to 'The Patron of the Reventon.'

"The band and I will miss you dearly. We love you and loved working with you!. You will never be forgotten!! He was my best friend, my brother, my band mate, and my cousin."

Charles Cyphers, who played Sheriff Leigh Brackett in the Halloween movies, dies at 85

Charles Cyphers, the character actor best known for playing Sheriff Leigh Brackett in the Halloween movie series, died Sunday in Tucson, Ariz., after a brief illness. He was 85.

His manager Chris Roe confirmed the news to Entertainment Weekly and said Cyphers passed away comfortably. He added that the actor's family "asks for privacy at this time," and that "details on a celebration of life ceremony will happen at a date and location to be determined."

Frequent collaborator John Carpenter paid tribute to Cyphers on social media, writing, "Charles Cyphers has passed away. He was an early and frequent collaborator with me on my early movies. A kind man, he was a friend. I shall miss him."

Charles-Cyphers-Halloween-080624-fdb7d1edbf414ab1828656d499f992cb.jpg

WCW legend Kevin Sullivan dies aged 74 as wrestling world pays tribute

If you only watched WWF you may not know him. I remember him well from both the territory days and his multiple stints in WCW. His 80s gimmick of a "devil worshiper" is what he's probably most infamous for. What's funny is he never once claimed to be any sort of Satanist or devil worshiper, people just assumed his cult leader-like personality made him so.

He was Nancy Toffoloni's first husband. Nancy would later leave him for Chris Benoit, becoming Nancy Benoit. Yes, that Nancy Benoit :(

4781050846_6f453de4ee_z.jpg

Jack Russell, Former Great White Singer, Dead at 63

Jack Russell, one of the founding members of Eighties band Great White, has died. He was 63. In a social media post Thursday, Russell’s family announced that the glam metal singer died “peacefully” surrounded by his family and friends. Russell died of Lewy body dementia and multiple system atrophy, his memoir co-author K.L. Doty confirmed to Rolling Stone.

“Jack is loved and remembered for his sense of humor, exceptional zest for life, and unshakeable contribution to rock and roll where his legacy will forever thrive,” read the statement. “His family asks for privacy at this time.”

On the downer side, the so called infamous "Great White concert fire" was not actually Great White proper, it was Jack Russell's solo band billed as "Jack Russell's Great White".

Sika Anoa'i, WWE Hall of Famer, father of Roman Reigns and member of The Wild Samoans, dead at 79

Damn, first Sika and now Afa. The Wild Samoans are both gone now.

Afa Anoa'i, part of WWE Hall of Fame tag team, dies at age 81

Afa Anoa'i, the WWE Hall of Famer best known for being one-half of the Wild Samoans pro wrestling tag team, has died at 81.

His death was announced by his family Friday, two months after his younger brother and tag team partner, Sika, died in June.

Afa is the uncle of WWE superstar Roman Reigns.

Holy hell the last half of this year has been brutal for wrestler deaths.

Sid was actually in a tag team with a pre-Undertaker, Mean Mark Callous (Mark Calaway). Him continuing to play straight during the infamous Shockmaster debut was legendary. RIP.

Former WWE champion Sid Eudy, also known as 'Sycho Sid,' dies at 63, son says

74958026007-raw-03101997-0006-1.jpg

Former WWE champion Sid Eudy, also known as "Sycho Sid," died at the age of 63 after battling cancer, his son announced on Monday.

"I am deeply saddened to share that my father, Sid Eudy, has passed away after battling cancer for several years. He was a man of strength, kindness, and love, and his presence will be greatly missed," Gunnar Eudy said in a Facebook post. "We appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we grieve this loss."

If you want a laugh, watch the Shockmaster debut, Sid plays it straight yet the hot mic clearly picks up Daveyboy Smith and others not so much :lol:

BRUJERIA's PINCHE PEACH Has Died At 57 Years Old

Brujeria vocalist and purveyor of samples Ciriaco "Pinche Peach" Quezada has died at 57 years old. Peach was a part of the original Brujeria lineup back in 1989 and has played with the band up until present day. We wish Peach's family and friends our deepest condolences at this time.

The following is a statement from Brujeria, translated from Spanish.

"I never thought I'd have to do something like this. This is not easy for me. So here I am with some very heartbreaking news. This news hurts more than anything else announced here before..

Pinche Peach from Brujeria passed away last night from severe heart complications.

"As a member of Brujeria for a long time, I was the unmasked face of Brujeria! He was the 'star' of all our music videos. Videos like 'La Migra' to 'The Patron of the Reventon.'

"The band and I will miss you dearly. We love you and loved working with you!. You will never be forgotten!! He was my best friend, my brother, my band mate, and my cousin."

Now Juan Brujo is gone. I can't imagine Brujeria go on without Brujo.

BRUJERIA Leader And Founding Member JUAN BRUJO Dead At 61

juanbrujopress_638.jpg

"Juan suffered a heart attack on early Monday morning, after a day off from the current 'Mexorcista' tour in Saint Clairsville, Ohio. He was rushed to the nearest hospital in Wheeling, West Viriginia by emergency services, but, despite the medical team's greatest efforts, he died this morning.

"His family, friends and bandmates are devastated and wish to mourn in private, while they appreciate the fans' love and support."

The announcement of Juan's death comes two days after BRUJERIA canceled all of its previously announced shows "due to a severe medical emergency".

This past July, longtime BRUJERIA vocalist and samplist Ciriaco "Pinche Peach" Quezada died at the age of 57.

Their music was right up their alley, despite almost all the lyrics is Spanish. I own the first 3 albums and enjoyed some of the later stuff. Lyrically early on was opposite of my belief system, but it was music and mostly seemed tongue in cheek. Overall it was just catchy extreme metal with a lot of humor. There have been a rotating cast of bandmembers using stage names,a lot of them you would know if you were into metal like Shane Embury and Jeff Walker. The band was a mix of actual Mexicans and other non-Mexicans with those stage names. Some lineups were arguably a supergroup. Sucks Brujo and Brujeria in general are gone.

Mercury Morris, member of Dolphins’ undefeated Super Bowl team, dead at 77

Morris was a third-round pick out of West Texas A&M, and he played for the Dolphins from 1969-75, helping form what later came to be known as the “perfect backfield” alongside Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick.

Morris was a three-time Pro Bowler and a two-time Super Bowl champion with the Dolphins, also including the team’s repeat championship in 1973.

Morris ran for exactly 1,000 yards and scored a league-best 12 rushing touchdowns during the 1972 regular season as the Dolphins finished 14-0 before winning three more postseason games for the only undefeated season in NFL history.

Csonka also ran for 1,117 yards that year, making Miami the first team ever to boast two 1,000-yard rushers in the same season.

mercury-morris-speaks-reporters-celebration-90209378.jpg

John Amos, patriarch on 'Good Times' and an Emmy nominee for the blockbuster 'Roots,' dies at 84

He played James Evans Sr. on “Good Times,” which featured one of television’s first Black two-parent families. Produced by Norman Lear and co-created by actor Mike Evans, who co-starred on “All in the Family” and “The Jeffersons,” it ran from 1974-79 on CBS.

“That show was the closest depiction in reality to life as an African American family living in those circumstances as it could be,” Amos told Time magazine in 2021.

Among Amos’ film credits were “Let’s Do It Again” with Bill Cosby and Sidney Poitier, “Coming to America” with Eddie Murphy and its 2021 sequel, “Die Hard 2,” “Madea’s Witness Protection” and “Uncut Gems” with Adam Sandler. He was in Ice Cube and Dr. Dre’s 1994 video “Natural Born Killaz.”

Amos' “Good Times” character, along with wife Florida, played by Esther Rolle, originated on another Lear show, “Maude.” James Evans often worked two manual labor jobs to support his family that included three children, with Jimmie Walker becoming a breakout star as oldest son J.J.

My mother always liked him and found him attractive. Maybe he can play a song for her in heaven. RIP

Kris Kristofferson, prolific songwriter and superstar actor, dies at 88

McFarland said Kristofferson died peacefully, surrounded by his family. No cause was given.

Starting in the late 1960s, the Brownsville, Texas native wrote such country and rock ‘n’ roll standards as “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down,” “Help Me Make it Through the Night,” “For the Good Times” and “Me and Bobby McGee.” Kristofferson was a singer himself, but many of his songs were best known as performed by others, whether Ray Price crooning “For the Good Times” or Janis Joplin belting out “Me and Bobby McGee.”

He starred opposite Ellen Burstyn in director Martin Scorsese’s 1974 film “Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore,” starred opposite Barbra Streisand in the 1976 “A Star Is Born,” and acted alongside Wesley Snipes in Marvel’s “Blade” in 1998.

I don't know him and only barely heard of the band, but a sh*tty way to go so young.

Liam Payne, former One Direction member, dies after hotel balcony fall

CNN —
Liam Payne, a former member of the boyband One Direction, has died after falling from the third floor of a hotel in Buenos Aires, Argentina, according to local police. Payne, who was 31, leaves behind his seven-year-old son, Bear.

Police said they discovered Payne’s body after emergency services responded to a call from staff at a hotel where the pop star was staying in the city’s trendy Palermo neighborhood.

Back