The Goode Family

ltstanfo

Reaction score
ABC is getting ready to try their hand (again) at primetime animation. Starting tomorrow night, they will air a new series called "The Goode Family", about an environmentally conscious family living in the mid-west.

Created by Mike Judge (who also created Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill and the legendary films Office Space and Idiocracy) this new series attempts to pokes fun at the "greener side" of life. I for one hope it is successful as I need something to watch before South Park. :mrgreen:

I'll followup with a review of the first episode.

Later,
Ltstanfo

Before I checked the promo I thought it was a remake of "The Good Life". Felicity Kendal was so cute back then.

Hmmmmm, has the potential to be funny. Thanks for the heads up, I may dvr it.

:roflmao:

Mike Judge is good (no pun intended) at satire. I like his other work. and as soon as I saw the adopted son is called "ubuntu", I'm SOLD!!!!!
now THAT is funny!!! :banana:

Looks goode ;-) May get a chance to watch it in 12 or so months time when they decide to air it in Australia :?

adz said:
Looks goode ;-) May get a chance to watch it in 12 or so months time when they decide to air it in Australia :?

It will probably be on Hulu within a couple weeks, if not sooner.

ltstanfo said:
I'll followup with a review of the first episode.

Later,
Ltstanfo

Last night's pilot episode was a bit slow but shows promise (IMO). The family clearly wants to "do the green thing" and as such has great potential for satire. I did get a few laughs out of the episode, especially the son, Ubuntu, getting to drive during the "emergency". Here's hoping for a new show on Wednesday. :banana:

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Back