This is why I don't watch the Olympics

redrumloa said:
Robert said:
Nope. I'm not wearing it. There's no way you're that petty.

Cheating is ok because it is China, check.

:?:

Jim putting false words into my mouth to fit his agenda, check. ;-)

Refusing to watch the entire olympic games because you take issue with *unproven allegations* of cheating in an event you probably don't even like that much as a spectator = petty, check. ;-)

And you know as well as I do that if *your* country was accused of fielding under-age gymnasts, you wouldn't be posting it on here as a valid reason to boycott the entire games. Especially if the allegations were unproven.

Ooohhh - bad China, nasty China! Good, ole US of A would never cheat, eh Jim?

Unfortunately for your falsely outraged stance that's a load of old shyte.

Plenty of your countrymen have been caught cheating in the past, sir.

Away and look up Fred Lorz, just for starters.

Cheating is never "OK" but I'm not going to boycott watching the entire games because a country I've decided I don't like *might* have a cheat. That would just be petty.

So unless you've never watched any Olympics in your life, I call hypocrisy of the most transparent variety and suggest you lighten up. ;-)

redrumloa said:
Robert said:
Nope. I'm not wearing it. There's no way you're that petty.

Cheating is ok because it is China, check.

:?:

Jim putting false words into my mouth to fit his agenda, check. ;-)

Refusing to watch the entire olympic games because you take issue with *unproven allegations* of cheating in an event you probably don't even like that much as a spectator = petty, check. ;-)

And you know as well as I do that if *your* country was accused of fielding under-age gymnasts, you wouldn't be posting it on here as a valid reason to boycott the entire games. Especially if the allegations were unproven.

Ooohhh - bad China, nasty China! Good, ole US of A would never cheat, eh Jim?

Unfortunately for your falsely outraged stance that's a load of old shyte.

Plenty of your countrymen have been caught cheating in the past, sir.

Away and look up Fred Lorz, just for starters.

Cheating is never "OK" but I'm not going to boycott watching the entire games because a country I've decided I don't like *might* have a cheat. That would just be petty.

So unless you've never watched any Olympics in your life, I call hypocrisy of the most transparent variety and suggest you lighten up. ;-)

@Robert

Did I ever say USA athletes have never cheated? Did I say I was "boycotting” because of this one incident? Again with the wild assumptions. There has been obvious cheating by many countries for a very long time, East Germany's steroid scandal in the 80's is a good example.

Have I ever watched the Olympics? Nope, cheating is one good reason. The IOC doesn’t give a crap, they just want to make $$. Another reason is it bores the crap out of me. You all claim to be firmly against national pride, and yet when the Olympics come on you are giddy like school kids. I could care less. Besides, PC has given us events like ballroom dancing and synchronized swimming :roll:

IOC playing politics?

1936 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany (W)
1936 Berlin, Germany (S)
:roll:

1980 Moscow, USSR (S)

1984 Sarajevo, Yugoslavia (W)

2008 Beijing, China (S)

@Robert

Did I ever say USA athletes have never cheated? Did I say I was "boycotting” because of this one incident? Again with the wild assumptions. There has been obvious cheating by many countries for a very long time, East Germany's steroid scandal in the 80's is a good example.

Have I ever watched the Olympics? Nope, cheating is one good reason. The IOC doesn’t give a crap, they just want to make $$. Another reason is it bores the crap out of me. You all claim to be firmly against national pride, and yet when the Olympics come on you are giddy like school kids. I could care less. Besides, PC has given us events like ballroom dancing and synchronized swimming :roll:

IOC playing politics?

1936 Berlin, Germany (S)

1980 Moscow, USSR (S)

2008 Beijing, China (S)

@Robert

IOC playing politics?

1936 Berlin, Germany (S)

1980 Moscow, USSR (S)

2008 Beijing, China (S)

@Robert

IOC playing politics?

1936 Berlin, Germany (S)

1980 Moscow, USSR (S)

2008 Beijing, China (S)

@Robert

IOC playing politics?

1936 Berlin, Germany (S)

1980 Moscow, USSR (S)

2008 Beijing, China (S)

@Robert

IOC playing politics?

1936 Berlin, Germany (S)

1980 Moscow, USSR (S)

2008 Beijing, China (S)

redrumloa said:
@Robert

Did I say I was "boycotting” because of this one incident? Again with the wild assumptions.

Pardon me but if you back and look at your first post, it looks like that's exactly what you meant.

Followed by:

IOC turns blind eye to controversy over China's kiddie gymnasts

Now, perhaps my comrehension skills aren't particularly great but I don't see how it's a wild assumption to interpret your post as not watching the olympics because the IOC turns blind eye to controversy over China's kiddie gymnasts.
That is, after all, what you said.

redrumloa said:
@Robert

Did I say I was "boycotting” because of this one incident? Again with the wild assumptions.

Pardon me but if you back and look at your first post, it looks like that's exactly what you meant.

Followed by:

Now, perhaps my comrehension skills aren't particularly great but I don't see how it's a wild assumption to interpret your post as not watching the olympics because the IOC turns blind eye to controversy over China's kiddie gymnasts.

redrumloa said:
@Robert

Followed by:

redrumloa said:
@Robert

Followed by:

redrumloa said:
@Robert

Followed by:

redrumloa said:
@Robert

Followed by:

Back