"cult of personality"

Don't let the door skelp yer arse on the way oot.....
:roflmao: :roflmao:

I am literally ROLLING on the floor!!!

cecilia said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:
I'd remember Eyso's sage words on this one. ;-)
Eh?
you suggested I should not waste my time with silly people.

I agree 8)
Ah,
Yea, /me agrees too

I think I'm fortunate that, in my surroundings, most people are intelligent (though often they have different opinions than mine)

Speelgoedmannetje said:
cecilia said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:
I'd remember Eyso's sage words on this one. ;-)
Eh?
you suggested I should not waste my time with silly people.

I agree 8)
Ah,
Yea, /me agrees too

I think I'm fortunate that, in my surroundings, most people are intelligent (though often they have different opinions than mine)
I must admit that I often meet these dolts on the internet :D

Dear Leader's

Little Blue Book

Editorial Reviews said:
It is an unofficial requirement for every citizen to own, to read, and to carry this book at all times

It is also copyrighted, and that means Dear Leader receives royalties when you buy it.

metalman said:
Dear Leader's

Little Blue Book

Editorial Reviews said:
It is an unofficial requirement for every citizen to own, to read, and to carry this book at all times

It is also copyrighted, and that means Dear Leaderreceives royalties when you buy it.
my first response was "Don't you believe in capitalism?"....and then I looked this thing up.

It's complied by The Editors of History Company

A look into by The History Company reveals their goals:

ABOUT US

HISTORY COMPANY is a shopping destination like no other. It is a remarkable place where you can discover, enjoy, and find inspiration in the wonderful things that connect us to our past.
For over 10 years, we've offered an uncommon range of products that provide a brilliant glimpse of our uniquely American creativity and ingenuity, craftsmanship and style. In the process, we have been able to share the legacy of our roots in the form of fascinating, sometimes quirky gifts, for keeping or giving. At HISTORY COMPANY, the past becomes a present.

Historian David Thalen wrote: "The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present." That sums up the mission of HISTORY COMPANY.

They seem to like offering Historic Reproductions, and Political Artifacts, as they like to call them which includes this blue book. Please note that their for sale items include the entire 200 plus years of American History.

And it appears that this blue book is an "anthology of quotations borrowed from Barack Obama's speeches and writings". I can''t say from my brief purusal of the site who has the copyright to what or if there's any aggreement between these people and Obama, but really, who cares.......I'm forced to return to my original question

Don't you believe in capitalism?

or are you unamerican?

Wow, how unoriginal. George Bush already has several books just like it:

51K885EEHAL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg
518BN2JMT0L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg
51bOKehVjwL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

damn straight!

and bush's books are really funny!! :lol:

gaffe-tastic Obama:

Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.” --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon
"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." -- comment on a tornado that killed 12 people in Kansas
“It’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong." --- Democrats are zombies?

“Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” --- Explaining why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky. --- On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?

“There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.” -- Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965.

Complaining about lack of Arabic translators: “We only have a certain number of them and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” -- Afghanis speak Pashto or Farsi, non-Arabic languages.

Obama pleaded ignorance of the decades-old, multi-billion-dollar massive Hanford Oregon nuclear waste clean-up: “Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport.” -- but he had already voted on a Senate bill that addressed the “costs, schedules, and technical issues” dealing with the nuclear waste site.

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden." -- introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008
“we are the change we are looking for; we are the change we speak”
"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" -- to reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania
"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions."
"but ... but ... but ... but"
"I ... I ... I ...I"
“you know ... you know?
"Ok, look, you know, when I was a kid, I inhaled frequently. That was the point."

Hmmm.... as a retort to Bush's mangling of language those are rather pathetic. In fact all you've done is there show in even sharper relief just how much more articulate Obama is, even when he 'mis-speaks'.

Robert said:
Hmmm.... as a retort to Bush's mangling of language those are rather pathetic. In fact all you've done is there show in even sharper relief just how much more articulate Obama is, even when he 'mis-speaks'.

Opinion noted Robert but I disagree. What Metalman has illustrated (to me at least) is that as long as Obama reads from a prepared text, he is certainly a better speaker than Bush ever was. Get him away from prepared text and he has similar flaws in public speaking.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

ltstanfo said:
Robert said:

Opinion noted Robert but I disagree. What Metalman has illustrated (to me at least) is that as long as Obama reads from a prepared text, he is certainly a better speaker than Bush ever was. Get him away from prepared text and he has similar flaws in public speaking.

Regards,
Ltstanfo
you could easily say the same about me. I'm hardly a great public speaker. But I can do my job quite well, thank you

the point is that Bush's actions were just as dumb as his words

cecilia said:
ltstanfo said:
Robert said:

Regards,
Ltstanfo
you could easily say the same about me. I'm hardly a great public speaker. But I can do my job quite well, thank you

the point is that Bush's actions were just as dumb as his words

Not sure I agree with you C. You appear to have no issue talking with us and since we have never met that is all I have to go on... just like I have never met Obama but have seen both sides of his speaking abilities.

As for the added comment about Bush, I didn't get that from Robert's previous post unless that was something you "added". Time will tell about Obana "actions".

Regards,
Ltstanfo

well you can keep an eye on what Obama is doing from this site

so far it's good. and it's only been about a week.

and if I seem to be ok at expressing myself it's only because I have made real efforts at it my whole life. I'm fairly sure I have some mild form of dyslexia (as a child I would talk in spoonerism constantly). It didn't stop my ability to read but to this day I still have to double check my numbers. plus, my spelling tends to suck.

anyway, my point is that if I can "overcome" up to a point so can everyone else. Why would bush become a politician if he knew he had this problem?

frankly, I think he's just an egotist

Pshaw.

Some of those gaffs aren't even gaffs. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it was a gaff! All metalman pointed out was his own weaknesses.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Pshaw.

Some of those gaffs aren't even gaffs. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it was a gaff! All metalman pointed out was his own weaknesses.
I know, if I got a dollar everytime I tripped over a few words I would be a millionaire.

too bad I can't collect. :D

I love the "57 states" comment. I have seen the vid of that and it's SO obvious that he is Thinking 48 out of 50 but his mouth stumbles over it and combines the two numbers.

who hasn't done THAT before? Unlike Bush you can SEE Obama thinking.

if that's the worse people can come up with we are lucky

cecilia said:
Unlike Bush you can SEE Obama thinking.

alg_obama_door.jpg

Super Genius President Tries to Enter Oval Office Through Window, instead of the door, shown to the right
(NY Daily News 1/28/09)

:roflmao:
Doors have doorknobs.

cecilia said:
always found this one a good laugh

at least Bush actually attempted to open a door...

Super Obama would have used his X-Ray vision so he would have known the door was locked,
barack-obama-superman.jpg

he just doesn't know the difference between a door and a window.

Back