Elon Musk watch (was Elon Muskrat watch)

I feel like the tide is solidly turning.
Likewise. I always sort of expected it to swing back but would sometimes question my own sanity at why it hadn't happened already. Fortunately there have been a number of signs over the last few months that the pendulum is already swinging back towards something resembling sanity. Even in my own wee backwater there have been increasingly encouraging signs. Still a bit to go, right enough.

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg agree to hold cage fight

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg.

Two of the world's most high-profile technology billionaires - Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg - have agreed to fight each other in a cage match.
Mr Musk posted a message on his social media platform Twitter that he was "up for a cage fight" with Mr Zuckerberg.
Mr Zuckerberg, the boss of Facebook and Instagram parent company Meta, then posted a screenshot of Mr Musk's tweet with the caption "send me location".

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg agree to hold cage fight

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg.

Two of the world's most high-profile technology billionaires - Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg - have agreed to fight each other in a cage match.
Mr Musk posted a message on his social media platform Twitter that he was "up for a cage fight" with Mr Zuckerberg.
Mr Zuckerberg, the boss of Facebook and Instagram parent company Meta, then posted a screenshot of Mr Musk's tweet with the caption "send me location".
two idiots

PS. I assume this will occur is the metaverse

Free to view for blue ticks. :D
I don't know that I see the issue with this. I read the thing and it said they were trying to get a handle on all the spam bots and information harvesters that were hitting the system (assuming good things like Google, but doubtful they're good things doing it)... If I were in their shoes, I'd probably do the same thing, but I don't know how many posts the average live human reads through in a day.

I'd find it insane and have to go to rehab if I realized that *I* was reading over 600 posts a day on Facebook (I live in denial). :D

I don't know that I see the issue with this.
Well, assuming you're talking about the 600 Tweet-views a day restriction and not the cage fight, I can think of a couple. For one example, if you try to sell me advertising on your social media platform and then tell me that your platform actively restricts the chances of people seeing that advert, I'm going to be less likely to bite.

Well, assuming you're talking about the 600 Tweet-views a day restriction and not the cage fight, I can think of a couple. For one example, if you try to sell me advertising on your social media platform and then tell me that your platform actively restricts the chances of people seeing that advert, I'm going to be less likely to bite.
That's a solid point, and one I hadn't considered, having not thought about web site advertising in a few years now..

this is the nonsense elon is causing

I mean THIS kind of info is exactly what twitter used to be great for.

The other side of that coin is simply that when making the new rule, there were thousands of things that probably never occurred to them, and thousands of exceptions that can be made.

I don't use twitter, so to me all of this is pretty much a wash, but I will absolutely have to give it to Musk that he's got to do SOMETHING to turn Twitter around and make a profit (something it's never done). Otherwise it'll eventually fail on it's own, rather like my hosting issues in the other thread. :)

Wayne

Nice of him to proactively help nonsense-spreading accounts on an individual basis by paying them subscriptions. Seems like a solid plan to get Twitter to where he claims he wants it to be, the most reliable source of information there is.
F1PJBDNWAAAKIf_

Youtube has been going pretty hard against Ad-blockers lately too.
I pay 4 USD per month for a family plan via YouTube Argentinia. Without this, I am quite confident I would stop using YouTube altogether. The ads are unbearable.

The growing cult of personality around Musk has me thinking he could be US president one day if his nationality doesn't prevent it.
F2N8w9vWAAA4B_L

Back