Elon Muskrat watch

I hope you did not start this thread redrumloa because of billionaire jealousy. Elon Musk has forced all car manufactures to speed up their EV plans and this is a great thing for the Earth and us humans that live on it. Elon took a lot of risks with a lot of his own money. The fact that he is the richest man on earth now on paper is just a nice side effect for him. Others were not willing to take the risk. Car companies were even crushing their EVs in the early 2000s. Since Tesla stock is still in flux sometimes it’s a great day trade to make a little pocket change If you know what you’re doing.

Last edited:
Elon took a lot of risks with a lot of his own money.

You haven't been paying attention. Taxpayers have been keeping Tesla afloat. All the company does is bleed countless billions. Gov pork has enriched the man.

I've always seen him as a mixed bag, but somewhat of a charlatan in his businesses. I just don't deify people based on their bank account and nothing else, like some of you do.

Behold teh future! :lol:

Finnish Man Blows Up His Tesla to Protest $22,600 Repair Cost

A Finnish Tesla owner received a repair bill totaling almost half of what he initially paid for the car. His response? Have YouTubers blow up the car with 66 pounds of dynamite and post the video rather than pay the hefty bill.

The Verge reports that a Finnish Tesla owner named Tuomas Katainen recently received a quote on having the battery in his 2013 Tesla Model S vehicle replaced. He was shocked by the bill of $22,600, perhaps not knowing Tesla’s notorious reputation for massive repair costs. Katainen discussed his experience with the car stating: “Well when I bought that Tesla, the first 1,500km [932 miles] were nice. Then, error codes hit.”

You haven't been paying attention. Taxpayers have been keeping Tesla afloat. All the company does is bleed countless billions. Gov pork has enriched the man.

I've always seen him as a mixed bag, but somewhat of a charlatan in his businesses. I just don't deify people based on their bank account and nothing else, like some of you do.
I’ve paid attention to Elon Musk since his days as a founder of Paypal. Tax payers don’t fund Tesla, Biden praise GM for leading the EV revolution, lol. Musk is making the world a better place. Tesla and SpaceX are making the world cleaner and more technologically advanced. I’m not sure if I would want a car with most controls on a touch screen. I don’t personally own a Tesla vehicle, but the stock is great.

Flaws in third-party software exposed dozens of Teslas to remote access

Colombo told TechCrunch that the vulnerabilities were found in TeslaMate, a free-to-download logging software used by Tesla owners to connect to their vehicles and access their cars’ otherwise hidden data — their car’s energy consumption, location history, driving statistics and other granular data for troubleshooting and diagnosing problems. TeslaMate is a self-hosted web dashboard often running on the home computers of Tesla hobbyists, and relies on access to Tesla’s API to tap into their car’s data, which is tied to the car owner’s account.

But security flaws in the web dashboard — like allowing anonymous access and using default passwords that some users never changed — coupled with misconfigurations by some Tesla owners, resulted in at least a hundred TeslaMate dashboards being exposed directly to the internet, including the car owner’s API key used to remotely control their Teslas.

In a call with TechCrunch, Colombo said the number of impacted Teslas is likely higher.

Colombo said he discovered that TeslaMate dashboards were unprotected by default after stumbling on an exposed dashboard last year. After scanning the internet for more open dashboards, he found exposed Teslas in the U.K., Europe, Canada, China and across the United States.

But contacting individual Tesla owners with exposed dashboards would be a Herculean task, Colombo explained, and in many cases, it’s not possible to accurately discern a way to contact affected Tesla customers.

Worse, it was possible to extract the Tesla users’ API key from the exposed dashboard, allowing a malicious hacker to retain long-term access to Teslas without the drivers’ knowledge. (An API allows two things to talk to each other over the internet — in this case, a Tesla car and the company’s servers, the Tesla app or a TeslaMate dashboard.) Access to Tesla’s API is restricted to Tesla owners through a private API key associated with the owner’s account.

With access to an exposed API key, Colombo said he could remotely access some features of the car, such as unlocking the doors and windows, honking the horn and starting keyless driving, which he verified with one Tesla owner in Ireland. He could also access the data inside, such as the car’s location data, recent driving routes and where it’s parked. Colombo said he does not believe it’s possible to use the API access to move the vehicle remotely over the internet.

Colombo said he discovered...
images

@redrumloa

Many software/hardware companies have security issues and they resolve them when made aware of them. This is not unique to Tesla, in fact Microsoft is a huge company with a market cap well over 2 trillion dollars and yet they have and had a ton of security/vulnerabilities flaws over the years. Yes this includes infotainment systems too. One of the things I don’t like about my 2012 Nissan Leaf is the Microsoft based infotainment system that has lots of problems. While you complain about Tesla, others make lots of money day trading and holding TSLA stock.

Last edited:
Dr. Evil went from bad to good and took over GM. His electric cars will go a million miles per charge.

This Muskrat guy is growing on me.

ELON MUSK BECOMES LARGEST SHAREHOLDER OF TWITTER WITH $2.8 BILLION PURCHASE

Well, kinda. Musk bought a 9.2-percent stake in Twitter, valued at $2.89 billion. Twitter stock is up over 21% in pre-market trading as of this writing. While Musk doesn't own Twitter outright, he owns more of Twitter than anyone else. It would be foolish to believe he's going to stop there.

In hindsight, the signs were there. Musk began sharing memes comparing new CEO Parag Agrawal to Joseph Stalin the day Agrawal was announced to the position. You don't make a $3 billion purchase on a whim. Not even someone as wacky as Musk.

As of this writing, Musk has yet to tweet about his purchase. Don't act like you weren't wondering what meme he was going to use.

It's curious to wonder what role, if any, former CEO Jack Dorsey will play or has played in any of this. Dorsey over the weekend expressed his regret for ruining the internet. When Musk tweeted about Twitter's algorithm and how the company decides what content you are allowed to see, Dorsey responded that "the choice of which algorithm to use (or not) should be open to everyone." He did NOT share that opinion while CEO of Twitter.

We'll see how things unfold. For now, there is at last the promise of Twitter sucking less. Don't let us down, Elon.

ELON MUSK BECOMES LARGEST SHAREHOLDER OF TWITTER WITH $2.8 BILLION PURCHASE

A little over a week ago he did this poll.

He's an interesting character. Pho greenies still follow him after his public red-piling. Will they still support and follow him while he goes after their indoctrination machines? I'm guessing the "mainstream media" will suddenly turn on him. He'll get a few "me too" allegations that'll be "the new thing" on 24/7 news coverage, or something. Maybe they'll just out of the blue start calling him a n@zi.

BOARDROOM SHOWDOWN: Musk Appointed to Twitter Board, Promises Significant Improvements

Elon Musk has been appointed to Twitter’s board of directors after purchasing a 9.2% stake in the company earlier this week. CEO Parag Agrawal announced the news on Twitter early Tuesday.

“Through conversations with Elon in recent weeks, it became clear to us that he would bring great value to our Board.” “He’s both a passionate believer and intense critic of the service which is exactly what we need on Twitter, and in the boardroom, to make us stronger in the long-term,” he added.

Musk had been critical of the social media platform’s speech censorship and polled the users last month before his big purchase. Musk asked: “Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy. Do you believe Twitter rigorously adheres to this principle?” He added “The consequences of this poll will be important. Please vote carefully.”

Users overwhelmingly voted that Twitter did not adhere to the principle.

Given how many ordinary investors have dumped money into this, I hope it will not crash down. Ideally, they will switch from an inflationary to a deflationary model.

It crashed, it all crashed. Original Bitcoin may be the only one to survive relatively unscathed. It's swings are stomach churning, but for those with a long term perspective it has a history that can be charted and always ends up making new highs. Ethereum had so much promise but is so very broken.

Back