Ever have this happen...?

Does your partner want to talk about your relationship at the most inconvenient times?

• Total voters
Glaucus said:
Wayne said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Wayne, now you're being an utter American materialist :lol: :p (

I sir, am a capitalist. :)

It is still on topic, because if you had a Tivo, you could have simply recorded it all and then devoted your attention to her instead. Much more important.
Exactly! Yet another case of interpersonal problems solved by home theater equipment! Now for that speaker upgrade I've been waiting for... Oh honey....

;-)

- Mike
:roflmao:

Glaucus said:
Wayne said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Wayne, now you're being an utter American materialist :lol: :p (

I sir, am a capitalist. :)

It is still on topic, because if you had a Tivo, you could have simply recorded it all and then devoted your attention to her instead. Much more important.
Exactly! Yet another case of interpersonal problems solved by home theater equipment! Now for that speaker upgrade I've been waiting for... Oh honey....

;-)

- Mike
:roflmao:

Speelgoedmannetje said:
faethor said:
@ Speelgoedmannetje

Being attracted to your partner is typically a desireable thing
But 'your partner' doesn't neccesarily means a woman......
Well if your is me then yes it does... But, yes my statement is generic I've never dated nor wanted to date a man but men can be neurotic too.

To be more on-topic, I don't think it's a good thing to be so uptight about one's feelings, and a man is not a toy puppet. A relation is dead wrong in that case.

But another thing is completely neglecting talking about each other's feelings.
Being uptight about feelings isn't good for either person. There's a couple things that 'fix' this... First there's talking about it so there's understanding on both sides that there is concern. Second there's doing something about it. Invariably there's a reason, valid or not, that one's partner feels uptight about the situtation. Besides saying you'll both fix it you have to both fix it... Then acknowledge the problem is fixed or in the process of improving and continue to work. Of course there's always the other option of things just won't work and the line in the sands are drawn and that relationship goes down the tubes. This isn't typically a bad thing though it invariably seems like it at the time.

If one person wants to watch TV instead of fix something one draws the conclusion that the relationship probably does need fixing or ending. The TV is not more important then someone that one's love interest.

[quote:3rrisqc7]Oh yeah, the other point I was gonna make is that all women are retarded.
HEY! No one insults the female side of my family and friends! [/quote:3rrisqc7] Just a note to readers this was a quote from Glaucus and credit is given where due! :)

Speelgoedmannetje said:
faethor said:
@ Speelgoedmannetje

Well if your is me then yes it does... But, yes my statement is generic I've never dated nor wanted to date a man but men can be neurotic too.

To be more on-topic, I don't think it's a good thing to be so uptight about one's feelings, and a man is not a toy puppet. A relation is dead wrong in that case.

Being uptight about feelings isn't good for either person. There's a couple things that 'fix' this... First there's talking about it so there's understanding on both sides that there is concern. Second there's doing something about it. Invariably there's a reason, valid or not, that one's partner feels uptight about the situtation. Besides saying you'll both fix it you have to both fix it... Then acknowledge the problem is fixed or in the process of improving and continue to work. Of course there's always the other option of things just won't work and the line in the sands are drawn and that relationship goes down the tubes. This isn't typically a bad thing though it invariably seems like it at the time.

If one person wants to watch TV instead of fix something one draws the conclusion that the relationship probably does need fixing or ending. The TV is not more important then someone that one's love interest.

[quote:3rrisqc7]Oh yeah, the other point I was gonna make is that all women are retarded.
HEY! No one insults the female side of my family and friends! [/quote:3rrisqc7] Just a note to readers this was a quote from Glaucus and credit is given where due! :)

Speelgoedmannetje said:
faethor said:
@ Speelgoedmannetje

Speelgoedmannetje said:
faethor said:
@ Speelgoedmannetje

Speelgoedmannetje said:
faethor said:
@ Speelgoedmannetje

Speelgoedmannetje said:
faethor said:
@ Speelgoedmannetje

Glaucus said:

I have the best wife in the world! She's learned that I know my audio equipment and after the Marantz setup with Paradigm speakers she freely opens the purse for more audio equipment no questions asked... On the downside she said she's keeping the AV equipment if we ever get a divorce. :shock:

Glaucus said:

I have the best wife in the world! She's learned that I know my audio equipment and after the Marantz setup with Paradigm speakers she freely opens the purse for more audio equipment no questions asked... On the downside she said she's keeping the AV equipment if we ever get a divorce. :shock:

Glaucus said:

Glaucus said:

Glaucus said:

Glaucus said:

Women generally have completely different interests than men. The 'watching A-team vs. Talking about her friend's haircolour'-comparison is a cliché, but it's often not too far from reality.
But then, when two people have identical interests and hobbies, then the relationship genreally doesn't work out.
We need to give some time to our selves, and we need to spend time on our relationships; it's a matter of balance.

If my wife couldn't give me some time to watch 'Mythbusters', or if I didn't let her chat with her friends on MSN, then our relationship would have died in the cradle.

Women generally have completely different interests than men. The 'watching A-team vs. Talking about her friend's haircolour'-comparison is a cliché, but it's often not too far from reality.
But then, when two people have identical interests and hobbies, then the relationship genreally doesn't work out.
We need to give some time to our selves, and we need to spend time on our relationships; it's a matter of balance.

If my wife couldn't give me some time to watch 'Mythbusters', or if I didn't let her chat with her friends on MSN, then our relationship would have died in the cradle.

Back