Fake News

My biggest question is currently, which "markets" got which?
Can't speak specifically to the WSJ but in the UK the Sun has had different editions for Scotland and England for about 30 years and now almost every major newspaper does the same. This manifests itself quite blatantly around election time where they'll often tailor their output more "left" for Scotland and more "right" for England (I use both terms very loosely). I've always seen it as a combination of both straight-up, capitalist catering to your target market's tastes, and the more sinister manipulation alluded to above.

Hey America here is the "Mass" protest against President Trump

37050624_1690523971064221_7035779669257355264_n.jpg

CNN is fake news, very fake news!!

CNN’s Stelter on Trump-Putin Summit: ‘Trump Simply Cannot Be Trusted’

Sunday on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” host Brian Stelter wondered out loud if anybody could trust what President Donald Trump had to say about his one-on-one meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin after the fact.

Stelter said Trump “simply cannot be trusted” because he has proven “time and time again” to lie and contradict himself, adding the meeting would cause his opponents to speculate if he is really a Russian agent working on “betraying America.”

Can't speak specifically to the WSJ but in the UK the Sun has had different editions for Scotland and England for about 30 years and now almost every major newspaper does the same. This manifests itself quite blatantly around election time where they'll often tailor their output more "left" for Scotland and more "right" for England (I use both terms very loosely). I've always seen it as a combination of both straight-up, capitalist catering to your target market's tastes, and the more sinister manipulation alluded to above.

Well, that was why I was hoping to hear exactly what "markets" got which, right? Telling people what they want to hear is one thing... Purposefully seeding dissent against the current President is another. Which way did they think will sell more editions? And what's the collateral damage we're looking at here?

Maddow: ‘Feels Very Palpable’ ‘That the President Is a Foreign Agent’

On Saturday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “AM Joy,” MSNBC host Rachel Maddow stated that “The worst case scenario that the president is a foreign agent suddenly feels very palpable.”

Maddow said, “The basic question, which I think rung so loud for everybody in the country this week was, is our president subordinate to a foreign power? Does our president answer to a foreign government and a foreign leader? And that’s private meeting with Putin, where nobody knows what he promised or what he may have given away, the way that he responded to Putin when we saw him face-to-face, and then the fact that he took under consideration all of these demands from Russia, including handing over Americans to Russia for interrogation. That just — you know, it makes the worst case scenario really palpable. The worst case scenario that the president is a foreign agent suddenly feels very palpable.”

The worst case scenario that the president is a foreign agent suddenly feels very palpable.”
There is nothing to fear but fear itself - but that's not going to whip the masses into a frothing, pitchfork carrying, castle storming mob.

I think the Democrats need to settle two major questions:

1. Is the President a foreign agent?
2. How many people dressed as vaginas will it take to fix this?

Well, yes. I can see Trump being a threat to their democracy. I suspect he's very much less a threat to the people's democracy, partly because they don't really have one but they should be using the opportunity to get one.

These mid-terms should be interesting. As far as I can tell only the lowest of the low-information voters are falling for this nonsense fake news propaganda. Considering how angry the establishment propaganda machine is getting with things like the #walkaway movement, they probably know and are panicking. Their panic turning into more of the same is insanity though.

Well, yes. I can see Trump being a threat to their democracy. I suspect he's very much less a threat to the people's democracy, partly because they don't really have one but they should be using the opportunity to get one.

There's a lot to that statement, right there. Trump is decidedly a threat to the US democracy. Much as a whistle-blower is a threat to their company or group.

He's given some legitimacy to the idea that our news outlets are actually paid commercial propaganda machines that are being used against us. The idea that the free press would deliver us accurate information is one of the basic founding tenants of our democracy. Now that that is exposed... Someone is going to need to do something about it, and quickly, or it'll get a lot worse. When you send people away from the media outlets you DO mostly control… They might just go to the ones you don't. And currently, most of those are controlled by groups actively interested in spreading discontent in the US.

It's the equivalent of pointing out the room that is on fire in your building, while ignoring the wildfire surrounding the entire structure. Now you've got people heading for the exits...

Interesting times.

The worst of the worst fast food joints are now SJWs!

Hahaha! I might has to start a new thread called Get Woke, Go Broke! Every time a corporation goes full SJW, they hemorrhage money and usually bankrupt. So how has this particular SJW campaign going so far?

dq6cmq.jpg

In case anyone is math challenged, that is approximately a 97% down vote! hahahaha!! They just pissed off 97% of their customers, many of whom will avoid their toxic frankenfoods entirely!

Get woke, go broke!

People love Burger King’s attempt to appeal to women

Yeah no. When a company's commercial gets a 97% down vote on Youtube, and there literally is not a single positive comment in the comment section, people don't love it. 97% down vote!

dq6cmq.jpg

Newsweek Publishes Erroneous Article on Push to Change Name of Austin, Texas

Hopping on that bandwagon, Newsweek reported on the left’s push to rename Austin, Texas. Declaring the city’s namesake to be a “Confederate leader.” There’s just one teeny little problem with that:

Newsweek reported Sunday on a potential move by Austin, Texas, to distance itself from its namesake Stephen F. Austin, erroneously referring to him as a “former Confederate leader.”

Austin died of pneumonia in 1836, roughly a quarter-century before the founding of the Confederate States of America and the outbreak of the Civil War.

“The city of Austin, Texas has suggested in a preliminary report, that highlighted historical connections to a former Confederate leader, Stephen F. Austin, otherwise known as the “Father of Texas”, that it might consider changing its name,” Newsweek‘s Janice Williams wrote.

Williams added Austin “founded the city in 1839;” this, too, is incorrect. The city was founded that year and named in honor of Austin, who had died three years earlier.

Yes, the guy who died decades before the Confederacy was ever a thing was a “Confederate Leader.” There’s only one thing you can say after reading something so erroneous:

fake-news.gif

Back