Julian Assange - Swedish rape inquiry dropped

It has never been more clear which US political party supports free speech, and which supports 1984 style totalitarianism.

5jw6lw.jpg

2ujqmuw.jpg

Assange hacked nothing, he was a reporter. Notice how giddy the left is (CNN), compared to the right (Breitbart)?

Trump better extradite Assange to the US with the sole purpose of pardoning him, and allowing asylum. It is the right thing to do.

If he doesn't? Assange may suddenly get "Suicided" by the Deep State. Many Conservatives are watching here Trump.

-edit-
Speaking of which, just saw this...

57258294_2718552054882728_8263176435057819648_n.jpg

Many on the right seem to think Trump is playing a chess game to get him to the US to exonerate him. I'm not that confident. If Trump does, I will will have a hard time questioning him again.

Until then, this is fugly. trump knows exactly who Assange and Wikileaks are.

MSNBC's poll is misleading (Julian Assange is a publisher, not a whistleblower) but 94% still believe he deserves protection.
QUESTION: Should Julian Assange be prosecuted for his involvement in WikiLeaks?

58756933_2537921672885197_3178097987393945600_n.jpg

MSNBC's poll is misleading (Julian Assange is a publisher, not a whistleblower) but 94% still believe he deserves protection.
QUESTION: Should Julian Assange be prosecuted for his involvement in WikiLeaks?

58756933_2537921672885197_3178097987393945600_n.jpg
Well that at least is good to see.

I don't see Manning that way. I follow her on twitter (and don't mind using that pronoun because she seems genuine in that claim to me). However, a lot of her "OMG transphobia" tweets I find annoying - because I find it all histrionic small potatoes compared to what is going on these days - but when she was called to testify before the grand jury on wikileaks, despite the fact that she has already done extended solitary confinement related to her previous leak, she elected to refuse to cooperate and face possible jail for contempt. I think that's pretty principled.

I still find Manning to be a fraud.

Chelsea Manning says Trump 'clearly wants to go after journalists'

People can say what they want about Trump, but he is NOT going after journalists. Manning was convicted and sentenced under Obama, yet is blaming Trump for it? Charged under Obama, convicted under Obama, released under Trump, yet blames Trump.

Some of the things Trump has said recently about Assange and Wikileaks are aggravating, but things said as a president and things done as a president are 2 different things. I've not seen him demand anything regarding Wikileaks.

So ... Sweden reopened the case.
Now the UK can refuse to extradite Assange to the US, send him to Sweden and let the Swedes send him to Uncle Sam.

Assange one step closer to extradition

LONDON, Dec 10 (Reuters) - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on Friday moved a step closer to facing criminal charges in the United States for one of the biggest ever leaks of classified information after Washington won an appeal over his extradition in an English court.

At the Royal Courts of Justice in London, the United States won an appeal against a ruling by a London District Judge that Assange should not be extradited because he was likely to commit suicide in a U.S. prison.

Judge Timothy Holroyde said he was satisfied with a package of assurances given by the United States about the conditions of Assange's detention, including a pledge not to hold him in a so-called "ADX" maximum security prison in Colorado and that he could be transferred to Australia to serve his sentence if convicted.

Further hurdles remain before Assange could be sent to the United States after an odyssey which has taken him from teenage hacker in Melbourne to years holed up in the Ecuadorean embassy in London and then incarcerated in a maximum-security prison.

The legal wrangling will go to the Supreme Court, the United Kingdom's final court of appeal.

Back