Meet Chad Henderson

private insurance is a betting pool, you make bad bets you go broke
How does your insurance company going broke help you when you are sick?
government insurance is a ponzi scheme to buy votes and/or increase "contributions" from the favored insiders, bad bets get you re-elected because most voters don't pay attention to the scams as long as they get token "benefits"
This sentence is a complete mess.
Define ponzi scheme and state why government insurance is one and private insurance isn't.
How is it "favourable" to certain insiders that their "contributions" get increased? Who are the insiders that give contributions? Presumably they are the people with money and not the poor - who don't have anything to give as "contributions".
If a bad bet gets you re-elected, how is it a bad bet?
And isn't it so that most voters don’t pay attention to the scams because they are getting token benefits is also applicable to private scams like ... private health insurance? Doctors visits covered, some pills from time to time, no problem. Got cancer? Sorry, not covered.

But one of the things he didn't say was what you quoted above.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. -- Henning W. Prentis, Jr. influenced by unknown political analyst's ( possibly Tocqueville, Tytler,) quote popularized by Ronald Regan in a 1964 speech​

You have a mercenary mindset else you would see that this is a false dichotomy. Some people do good works simply for the satisfaction of doing good.

Good luck finding him the day your sick

How does your insurance company going broke help you when you are sick?

If a bad bet gets you re-elected, how is it a bad bet?
And isn't it so that most voters don’t pay attention to the scams because they are getting token benefits is also applicable to private scams like ... private health insurance? Doctors visits covered, some pills from time to time, no problem. Got cancer? Sorry, not covered.

Obama phones! and Obamacare birth control!

Good luck finding him the day your sick
Good luck finding a good doctor the day you are sick. And good luck with being sick with something that is covered on the day you are sick and good luck on the adjuster not finding a reason that suddenly you aren't covered and good luck and so on.

Obama gave a Rose Garden speech on October 21. He praised the Connecticut Exchange as a success story —

the Connecticut exchange provided inaccurate information for every single individual plan the site was offering.

John Javaruski, a 62-year-old retired actuary from Farmington, said he received a letter dated Nov. 1 after he signed up for an Anthem plan with a $2,000 out-of-pocket maximum and zero deductible. According to the revised schedule of benefits attached to the letter, Javaruski’s plan jumped to $6,250 out of pocket and a $3,000 deductible.

CT Senator Chris Murphy (D) on November 18:

“Here in Connecticut, people are signing up for affordable health care insurance at numbers that outpace our original expectations,” he said. “Connecticut is leading the nation.”
“Unfortunately there are probably thousands of people in Connecticut who aren’t going on the website because they think the state’s system isn’t working,” Murphy explained. “Well it is — and that’s the message we wanted to get across today.”​
"Oh, how do I lie to thee . . . let me count the ways,
I lie to thee to the depth & breadth & height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight . . . "​
-- with apologies to E. B. Browning.​

BbT6OvzCMAAZvqw.jpg

Washington Healthplanfinder emailed the Bruners a few days ago telling them to log in to view their invoice, something they couldn't do because the website has been down. The Bruners haven't been able to get through on the helpline either. They finally contacted Healthplanfinder administrators by posting a message on their Facebook page.
http://www.kgw.com/news/Enrollees-report-erroneous-debits-by-WA-Healthplanfinder-235244701.htmlhttp://www.kgw.com/news/Enrollees-report-erroneous-debits-by-WA-Healthplanfinder-235244701.html

Shannon Bruner of Indianola logged on to her checking account Monday morning, and found she was almost 800 dollars in the negative.
“The first thing I thought was, ‘I got screwed,’” she said.
The Bruners enrolled for insurance on the Washington Healthplanfinder website, last October. They say they selected the bill pay date to be December 24th. Instead the Washington Healthplanfinder drafted the 835 dollar premium Monday

BbuN8iJCMAA34dL.png:large

"Mom, Dad, I'm 28 and don't have a paying job yet, but I do have my own diary at the DailyKos"

The head of the Oregon Obamacare exchange resigned this week. The state spent $160 million dollars so far, on the website that is weeks, maybe months away from being functional, and Cover Oregon didn't hit their targeted enrollment numbers, assuming their targeted numbers were greater than zero.

So sweet, so full of naive idealism about the power of state projects to bring happiness to the land.

$160 million is $41.04 per capita in OR.

Fewer shiny, happy people: Cover Oregon pulls hipster ads

Bruce Goldberg, acting executive director of Cover Oregon, said during a Monday press conference that the ads will be on hold while the agency focuses on getting people enrolled.
“We think it’s appropriate to hold off on any further advertising,” he said, noting the agency has pulled most of the ads while keeping some billboards.
Critics of the quirky, vague and expensive ads will likely rejoice. The ad campaign was originally slated for about $10 million, but then officials doubled it to $21 million in October.

Obamacare Initiates Self-Destruction Sequence

Yesterday, we had a more official announcement from the administration: Anyone who has had their policies cancelled will be exempt from the individual mandate next year. The administration is also allowing those people to buy catastrophic plans, even if they’re over 30.

People who had their "junk" insurance policy cancelled can now replace them with a new "junk" insurance policy!

by their logic, your auto insurance policy is junk too, unless it reimburses you for gas, oil changes, tune ups, and maternity care

by their logic, your auto insurance policy is junk too, unless it reimburses you for gas, oil changes, tune ups, and maternity care

If autos were insured like health your oil changes would be covered but you would find out when you have a wreck that's you're not covered because your car was built on a Friday or because you wear glasses or because it was raining or because it wasn't raining or any other excuse they can come up with.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

If autos were insured like health your oil changes would be covered but you would find out when you have a wreck that's you're not covered because your car was built on a Friday or because you wear glasses or because it wad raining or because it wasn't raining or any other excuse they can come up with.

that they will confiscate your home to reimburse them for fixing your car

If you enroll in Medicaid (which you are now required to if you are over 55 and don’t have a high enough yearly income), the government can simply seize your assets (i.e. your house) to reimburse the government for your health care bills!

a low-income individual in nursing home care after age 55 might pass away and his kids would find out the family home or car of whatever assets he had to his name were forfeited to the state. It’s called estate recovery. Before the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid expansion, there weren’t that many people in Medicaid who had much in the way of assets for seizing. But now that Medicaid enrollment requirements have been relaxed, more people with assets but low income are being forced into Medicade, unless they buy totally unsubsidized coverage in the now-inflated insurance market

that they will confiscate your home to reimburse them for fixing your car

If you enroll in Medicaid (which you are now required to if you are over 55 and don’t have a high enough yearly income), the government can simply seize your assets (i.e. your house) to reimburse the government for your health care bills!
After you have died - so you won't be needing those assets any more. Did you read the links? Did you read the quote you posted?

Back