Official Barbie Thread for Speelgoedmannetje and Me

Let's go for a ride:

20120326_091353.jpg

20120326_092107.jpg

all clothes hand made by me : "The Plaid Collection" LOL

ha ha...I've seen some of those. great creativity.

by the way I think she is "incorrect" in her view of Barbie. But then she has a right to this. After all, in MY view Barbie is what YOU make of her. If Clayton feels Barbie is "vacuous" and "perfect" that's how SHE sees it.

I see Barbie as the career person. doing whatever she likes. My favorite clothes for Barbie are the business clothes: classy jackets and pencil skirts with a little hat carrying a briefcase or whatever. I just made a pencil skirt, btw. Will be taking a photo after I master making a good jacket and accessories

ha ha...I've seen some of those. great creativity.
by the way I think she is "incorrect" in her view of Barbie. But then she has a right to this. After all, in MY view Barbie is what YOU make of her. If Clayton feels Barbie is "vacuous" and "perfect" that's how SHE sees it.
Well, I think she sees it that way because there are many women who prevalate their own perfection over everything, and I can imagine she associates that with the self-satisfied smile Barbie has.
There is a saying that perfectionism is the killer of all things good. As well you can say that Barbie looks 'perfect' or Barbie looks 'good'. In my eyes, the barbie with those artsy clothes looked really good :)
I see Barbie as the career person. doing whatever she likes. My favorite clothes for Barbie are the business clothes: classy jackets and pencil skirts with a little hat carrying a briefcase or whatever. I just made a pencil skirt, btw. Will be taking a photo after I master making a good jacket and accessories
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Barbie doesn't looks 'perfect' to me. I mean, she's not real. It's only a doll. Not a human person. And she is slim because that shows off clothes best. It's really that simple. No nefarious goings on there.

When I was a child and played with my doll I certainly did NOT think, "I wish I looked like that". I knew that live humans are not dolls. I have no interest in looking like a doll. And the few people who DO are mentally ill.

Does society make things difficult for girls and sometimes make them feel badly about their bodies. Well, derp. :rolleyes:
yes, but don't blame a doll for THAT. Frankly, society makes boys feel badly about THEIR bodies. When some people - including some so-called feminists - get all bent out of shape about a doll I have to wonder if they are slightly insane.

Anyway, I love using dolls to make artistic dioramas. I've always loved miniatures anyway and using dolls tells such interesting stories.

anyway, while I'm working on my next outfit.......I just love this getup:
http://www.barbiecollector.com/shop/doll/walking-suit-barbie-doll-w3424

Just love the netting over the face - So classy!
love the houndstooth fabric, the shape of the gloves, the umbrella, the cut of the jacket.......it's so very sophisticated

I would LOVE to be able to make something half-way as good

20120607_174554.jpg

just got a new leather-like jacket.
comes with a bag, two bracelets, various shoes, yellow belt, sunglasses and an In Your Face Attitude

20120607_174610.jpg

nice! is that a replacement window? :D
no. The second floor is "new" as of 20 years ago. When we had the 2nd story added all the windows were double. So when they are all closed the place stays WARM. Saves energy, ya know?

it's a small house but it's really nice.

I thought about making a new thread for this but that would mean it would eventually get lost. This is too extraordinary to be forgotten. Anyway, he's making a 'doll' sized engine, so it sorta fits in here. sorta

Well, after driving mom to various doctors these last several weeks I deserve a distraction so i took a few pics this morning.

20120722_073216.jpg

20120722_073257.jpg

20120722_073350.jpg

yes, that's a Gibson

20120722_073413.jpg

20120722_073610.jpg

20120722_074241.jpg

hanging out next to my comedy DVD's

Back