School

DG-TiSLXkAADsWv.jpg

Stuff your western colonial cis het patriarchal engineering - the important questions are: is the gear train fair and how does it make you feel?

makes me feel like the teeth want to break, and students have twice the torque of teachers, parents only 2/3 that of teachers, teachers move counter clockwise to parents

makes me feel like the teeth want to break, and students have twice the torque of teachers, parents only 2/3 that of teachers, teachers move counter clockwise to parents
As it is now - one of those cogs has got to go. I'd say probably the students. Best would be to move them all apart and put a belt around the whole thing - that way they'd a) be able to turn and b) they'd all be going the same direction.

I did a quick look on google and this seems to be a fairly common graphic shorthand for "working together" though most don't join the circle for odd numbers of gears, though plenty do. There are a few examples on shutterstock that have three locked gears and arrows added to show the supposed direction of rotation. (This link hopefully works) and this rather interesting variant. (linky-link)

Then again, maybe this is a problem statement rather than a proposed solution.

I did a quick look on google and this seems to be a fairly common graphic shorthand for "working together" though most don't join the circle for odd numbers of gears, though plenty do. There are a few examples on shutterstock that have three locked gears and arrows added to show the supposed direction of rotation.and this rather interesting variant. (linky-link)

(This link hopefully works)
square gear teeth Rofl
teeth don't even mesh

(linky-link)
and a planetary gear fail!

gear-and-gear-trains-ppt-16-638.jpg

DNeCdBgX4AASTbh.jpg

Where are All the Children Are Above Average ?
-- Lake Wobegon

English Grammar:
place the word "only" anywhere in the sentence below

she told him she loved him

Result: the sentence has a completely different meaning in each placement

Last edited:
English can be weird
It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though

"I never said she stole my money"

this sentence has 7 different meanings depending on which word is stressed

meaning: It was someone else who said
meaning: I would never snitch on her
meaning: implied that she stole money
meaning: someone stole money, not her
meaning: taking a very long time to payback that loan
meaning: stole someone else's money
meaning: I gave it to her because I'm stupid

Last edited:
These words don't rhyme:
Cough
dough
fought
rough
though
through

but pony and bologna do!

Cough ( Rhymes with off )
dough ( rhymes with toe )
fought ( rhymes with cot )
rough ( rhymes with puff )
though ( rhymes with true)
through (rhymes with row)

The Chaos by Gerard Nolst Trenité (1922)
This is a classic English poem containing about 800 of the worst irregularities of English spelling and pronunciation.

The Chaos by Gerard Nolst Trenité (1922)
This is a classic English poem containing about 800 of the worst irregularities of English spelling and pronunciation.

I don't pronounce mauve like gauze but to rhyme with grove.

Back