The Dead Celeb thread, 2018 edition

that's very sad about Todd Youth. 47 is way too young.
I've been to shows with Agnostic Front, Warzone, and Murphy’s Law. Quite unforgettable.

that's very sad about Todd Youth. 47 is way too young.
I've been to shows with Agnostic Front, Warzone, and Murphy’s Law. Quite unforgettable.

I lean more towards metal than hardcore. Danzig - I Luciferi album always stuck out as one of their best. 47 is obviously way too young to die.

46463251_10215915398930761_1297532907434278912_n.jpg

Stephen Hillenburg, creator of 'SpongeBob SquarePants,' dies at 57

LOS ANGELES - Stephen Hillenburg, creator of the popular cartoon series "SpongeBob SquarePants," has died at the age of 57, less than a year after announcing he was battling ALS.

The television home of SpongeBob, Nickelodeon, announced Hillenburg's death Tuesday.

“We are incredibly saddened by the news that Steve Hillenburg has passed away following a battle with ALS,” Nickelodeon said in a statement. “He was a beloved friend and long-time creative partner to everyone at Nickelodeon, and our hearts go out to his entire family. Steve imbued ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’ with a unique sense of humor and innocence that has brought joy to generations of kids and families everywhere. His utterly original characters and the world of Bikini Bottom will long stand as a reminder of the value of optimism, friendship and the limitless power of imagination.”

Before creating SpongeBob, Hillenburg worked as a marine biology teacher and used his artistic talents to help teach his students, Variety reports.

Hillenburg left teaching to embark on an animation career in 1987 and created "SpongeBob SquarePants" which premiered on May 1, 1999.

The cartoon series has won numerous Emmy Awards and is dubbed in over 60 languages.

George Bush Senior dies at the age of 94

Former US President George HW Bush has died at the age of 94, his son George W Bush has announced.

George Bush Sr, as he was known, passed away on Friday evening, a spokesperson said on behalf of the family.

He was the 41st US president between 1989 and 1993, after serving two terms as vice-president to Ronald Reagan.

Despite achieving popularity ratings of 90%, he was accused of neglecting domestic affairs and was defeated by Bill Clinton in the 1992 election.

He was a World War Two aviator and Texan oil tycoon before entering politics in 1964 as a Republican.

_104575285_mediaitem104575282.jpg

George Bush Senior dies at the age of 94

Former US President George HW Bush has died at the age of 94, his son George W Bush has announced.

George Bush Sr, as he was known, passed away on Friday evening, a spokesperson said on behalf of the family.

He was the 41st US president between 1989 and 1993, after serving two terms as vice-president to Ronald Reagan.

Despite achieving popularity ratings of 90%, he was accused of neglecting domestic affairs and was defeated by Bill Clinton in the 1992 election.

He was a World War Two aviator and Texan oil tycoon before entering politics in 1964 as a Republican.

_104575285_mediaitem104575282.jpg
Ninety Four - cunning bastard. That was his plan all along - just live long enough that you don't die as the worst president ever.

Ninety Four - cunning bastard. That was his plan all along - just live long enough that you don't die as the worst president ever.
Nah, he could have shuffled off 15 years ago if that was his plan.
I reckon it was even more cunning - live just long enough to see your son toppled from worst president ever.

Probably the most internationally known British Wrestler of all time has died.

WWE Legend Dynamite Kid, Thomas Billington, Dies on His 60th Birthday

British WWE legend Thomas Billington, aka Dynamite Kid has passed away. He was 60-years old. Billington's nephew, Davey Boy Smith Jr. confirmed the news on social media this morning, shocking the pro wrestling community. Billington shot into fame in the early 1980s as one half of the British Bulldogs alongside his cousin, Davey Boy Smith. Over the years, Billington had suffered a number of health issues and was relegated to a wheelchair in the mid 1990s. The wrestler died on what would have been his 60th birthday.

Dynamite Kid competed in the World Wrestling Federation, Stampede Wrestling, All Japan Pro Wrestling, and New Japan Pro Wrestling in the mid-to-late-1980s. He was born in Golborne, Lancashire and was around boxers through most of his young life. Both his father and his uncle were boxers and started training him early on. While in school, the future Dynamite Kid didn't really enjoy academics, but he excelled in gymnastics and wrestling, which became his favorite things to do. It's his early gymnastics training that many believe his unique fighting style came from.

Dynamite Kid's pro career started in 1975 while working for Max Crabtree. Early in his career, he won the British Lightweight title in 1977 and then the Welterweight title in 1978. During his Stampede Wrestling days, he made a big impact on Bruce Hart and Bret Hart, who still believes that Dynamite Kid is "pound-for-pound, the greatest wrestler who ever lived." In 1979, Big Daddy Ritter, aka the Junkyard Dog, introduced the young wrestler to the anabolic steroid Dianabol and he was later introduced to speed by Jake Roberts, aka Jake the Snake, the following year.

From there, Dynamite Kid went on to wrestle for International Pro Wrestling in Japan, where he developed his feud with Tiger Mask. Dynamite Kid made his WWF television debut on August 29th, 1984, where he and Bret Hart defeated Iron Mike Sharpe and Troy Alexander. He later ended up teaming with Davey Boy Smith to form the British Bulldogs, while Hart teamed with Jim Neidhart as The Hart Foundation. The two teams would compete against each other many times with the fights usually ending in a no-contest. The British Bulldogs won the WWF World tag team title during WrestleMania II. Dynamite Kid broke his back in the ring in 1986, which should have ended his career. However, he made a comeback and stayed with WWF until 1988.

Dynamite Kid went back to Japan to wrestle where he did so until 1996. His career ended after his body started to degenerate and he suffered a seizure at an airport. From there, things only got worse. The following year, he lost use of his left leg and was relegated to a wheelchair. It has also been reported that Kid Dynamite had several heart problems over the years and then suffered a stroke in 2013. Dynamite Kid is survived by his wife Dot, daughters Browyne and Amaris, and son Marek. This news was first reported by Davey Boy Smith Jr.' Twitteraccount. Rest In Peace, Thomas Billington, aka Dynamite Kid.

GENE SIMMONS's Mother Dies

Flóra "Florence" Klein, the mother of KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons, has died at the age of 93.

Earlier this year, Gene told The Sydney Morning Herald: "My 92-year-old mother, Flora Klein, is my hero. She was sent to a Nazi concentration camp at the age of 14 and survived, but all the members of her family were wiped out — she saw her mother walk into a gas chamber. Despite the tragedy, she is a positive person who sees the goodness in people's hearts. I wouldn't be that forgiving if I had lived her life.

"She raised me as a single mother in Israel — I was an only child. My father [Feri Witz] abandoned us when I was six. Mom had relatives living in America and so we relocated there for a better life when I was eight.

"When we arrived in America, neither of us could speak a word of English. My mother worked in a factory that was like a sweatshop — six days a week, no lunch breaks and there was no minimum wage. She was a button and buttonhole worker, handling 1000 coats a day. She made half a penny for every button sewed.

Back