The war on white people

DkCK9fMW0AAiAsR.jpg

Hialeah Florida:
‘This is Hialeah!’ Taco Bell employee refuses to help client who doesn’t speak Spanish

Laredo, TX Demographic Data
Hispanic 96.4% white 3.5% asian 0.6% black 0.3%

I have never had this happen ?!?
Employees who are not bilingual don't get hired for retail counter work

If you're going to Hialeah, memorize this:
Me gustaría quatro tacos de bistec, con todo.
por favor!

Since Taco Bell does serve food, with Spanish names, this phrase should work

Hialeah Florida:
‘This is Hialeah!’ Taco Bell employee refuses to help client who doesn’t speak Spanish

Laredo, TX Demographic Data
Hispanic 96.4% white 3.5% asian 0.6% black 0.3%

I have never had this happen ?!?
Employees who are not bilingual don't get hired for retail counter work

If you're going to Hialeah, memorize this:
Me gustaría quatro tacos de bistec, con todo.
por favor!

Since Taco Bell does serve food, with Spanish names, this phrase should work

I've seen pockets of this sort of thing in various areas of Miami-Dade first hand. Even in the early 00s working in Doral, which is very business centric and higher end real estate. I had a Burger King drive through greet me in Spanish, but eventually got someone else to take my order. I saw a Dominoes Pizza delivery driver come to a tenant in my building who didn't speak a word of English.

As for Hialeah itself, I wouldn't blame all Hispanic there. There is a huge Cuban population, and the vast majority don't play that game. I've got a good number of Cuban friends who are 1st to 2nd generation, and they respect the country and English as the national language.

Emmy Host Michael Che: ‘The Only White People that Thank Jesus Are Republicans and Ex-Crackheads’

“My mother is not watching. She says she doesn’t like watching white award shows because you guys don’t thank Jesus enough,” co-host Michael Che of Saturday Night Livefame said. “The only people–the only white people that thank Jesus are Republicans and ex-crackheads.”

Co-host Colin Jost, also of SNL, said, “Roseanne was canceled by herself, but picked up by white nationalists.”

Che responded, saying, “She’s had a rough year.”

“I heard Roseanne is actually moving to Israel. I mean, damn, how messed up is your life when you have to go to the Middle East just to get peace of mind?” he also said.

The two hosts also made time to joke about “Nazis” in Trump’s America.

“I don’t know if you know this. The first Emmys were held back in 1949. Things were very different back then–gas was 17 cents a gallon, a new home cost $7,000, and we all agreed that Nazis were bad,” Jost said during an opening monologue.

“I don’t know if you know this. The first Emmys were held back in 1949. Things were very different back then–gas was 17 cents a gallon, a new home cost $7,000, and we all agreed that Nazis were bad,” Jost said during an opening monologue.
... and everyone still remembered what an actual Nazi was.

It can only mean that the words don't mean what they seem to mean.
"The purpose of Newspeak was not only to provide a medium of expression for the world-view and mental habits proper to the devotees of Ingsoc, but to make all other modes of thought impossible."
1984 - George Orwell
Appendix: THE PRINCIPLES OF NEWSPEAK

Baizuo

Baizuo (/ˈbaɪˌtswɔː/;[1] Chinese: 白左 báizuǒ, literally "white left"[2]) is a derogatory Chinese neologism used to refer to Western leftist liberal elites.[3][4][5] It refers to the left faction in the culture wars in Western politics,[original research?] implying support of multiculturalism,political correctness and positive discrimination. In more than 400 answers submitted by Zhihu users during 2015 to May 2017, the term is defined as referring to those who are hypocritically "obsessed with political correctness" in order to "satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority" motivated from an "ignorant and arrogant" Western-centric worldview who "pity the rest of the world and think they are saviours". A related term is shèngmǔ (圣母, 聖母, literally "holy mother", title for the mother of an emperor), a sarcastic reference to those whose political opinions are guided by emotions and a hypocritical show of selflessness and empathy, represented by celebrities such as J. K. Rowling and Emma Watson.[6]

The term baizuo was apparently coined in a 2010 article published on Renren Network, entitled The Fake Morality of the Western White Left and the Chinese Patriotic Scientists (西方白左和中国爱国科学家的伪道德). No further use of the term is known until 2013, with only isolated use during 2013–2015.[7] Substantial use in Chinese internet culture begins in early 2016, at first at MIT BBS, a bulletin board system used by many Chinese in US, during the United States presidential election of 2016. Baizuo was here used to criticize to the policies of the Democratic Party with regard to "minorities", perceived as granting advantages to African-Americans and Mexicans, but not Asians.[7] English-language reception of the term begins in 2017, with a definition posted on Urban Dictionary in May of that year.[8]

After the United States presidential election, the term came to be more widely used, e.g. in reference to the policies of Angela Merkel in the European migrant crisis,[9] or in reference to the perceived double standards of liberal Western media, such as the alleged bias on reporting about Islamist attacks in Xinjiang.[10][11]

Back