Those wacky Communists

It turns out many of those involved in the protests are being charged under the Patriot Act. Hey, wait a minute, wasn't that law reserved just for the baddest of the bad who wanted to do evil against god loving Americans? You know, terrorists! Well, it turns out no, it can also be used against Americans who don't vote the right way too.

Now, I have no respect for those burning and breaking things and believe they should be arrested. I'm fine with that. And we already have laws to deal with that, so why do we need to call them terrorists? I think using the patriot Act in this way just goes way beyond what those laws were there for in the first place. I have no doubt in my mind that if we were to replace 9/11 with some out of control demonstrations we wouldn't have had the Patriot Act at all.

- Mike

It turns out many of those involved in the protests are being charged under the Patriot Act. Hey, wait a minute, wasn't that law reserved just for the baddest of the bad who wanted to do evil against god loving Americans? You know, terrorists! Well, it turns out no, it can also be used against Americans who don't vote the right way too.

Now, I have no respect for those burning and breaking things and believe they should be arrested. I'm fine with that. And we already have laws to deal with that, so why do we need to call them terrorists? I think using the patriot Act in this way just goes way beyond what those laws were there for in the first place. I have no doubt in my mind that if we were to replace 9/11 with some out of control demonstrations we wouldn't have had the Patriot Act at all.

- Mike

- Mike

- Mike

- Mike

- Mike

Glaucus said:
I think using the patriot Act in this way just goes way beyond what those laws were there for in the first place.

Erm, no.
This is EXACTLY the way the Patriot Act was intended to be used. This is exactly why the provisions of the act had to sit around for years awaiting some disaster profound enough to be able to ram the bill through and why no time was allowed for reading the bill and why the two Senators who opposed the bill got Anthrax in the mail. It's not a surprise they are using the act this way, it's a surprise they waited so long to do it. Mind you, I suppose they needed the time to test the legality and build president with less visible cases first.

Glaucus said:
I think using the patriot Act in this way just goes way beyond what those laws were there for in the first place.

Erm, no.
This is EXACTLY the way the Patriot Act was intended to be used. This is exactly why the provisions of the act had to sit around for years awaiting some disaster profound enough to be able to ram the bill through and why no time was allowed for reading the bill and why the two Senators who opposed the bill got Anthrax in the mail. It's not a surprise they are using the act this way, it's a surprise they waited so long to do it. Mind you, I suppose they needed the time to test the legality and build president with less visible cases first.

Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

The Patriot Act is a puss filled zit on the ass of the USA. I don't quite subscribe to Fluffy's view, but any use of Patriot act on silly communists is frightful. I wait to hear more information.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

The Patriot Act is a puss filled zit on the ass of the USA. I don't quite subscribe to Fluffy's view, but any use of Patriot act on silly communists is frightful. I wait to hear more information.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

FluffyMcDeath said:
Glaucus said:

Erm, no.

FluffyMcDeath said:
This thread started with disturbances at the RNC but the DNC had its own little disturbance. Now the ACLU wants to know why cops posing as protesters struggled with police.

Longer article here

DNC PROTEST
Read the ACLU's letter to the Office of the Independent Monitor (PDF) .
Watch video from the August, 2008 standoff between DNC protesters and police at 15th & Court in Downtown Denver.
Watch video of protesters getting sprayed with pepper spray, from the August, 2008 standoff .
When a Jefferson County deputy unleashed pepper spray at unruly protesters on the first night of the Democratic National Convention, he did not know that his targets were undercover Denver police officers.

I know this isn't the point but I hope it stung like a beeeeeeaaaaaaaatch! :roflmao:

"The actions of the undercover detectives on August 25, 2008, may have had the effect of exacerbating an already 'tense situation,' as their feigned struggle led nearby officers and the public to believe that a commanding officer was being attacked by protestors and that the situation necessitated the use of chemical agents," says the letter, written by ACLU staff attorney Taylor Pendergrass.

Who is to say that wasn't the intention all along.

Such a thing has already been exposed in this country (UK).
I posted it in another thread.

Back