Trump

These two rabble-rousing xenophobes were made for each other:
_92600372_5902af28-df7e-4389-b70c-54dc74db673e.jpg

As ever, the Daily Mash sees the funny side:
It would get the little prick out of the country, realises Britain

BRITAIN has realised there is an obvious upside to making Nigel Farage ambassador to the US.

As president-elect Donald Trump ordered Theresa May to appoint the UKIP leader, millions of Britons recoiled at the idea before having a ‘lightbulb moment’.

Helen Archer, from Finsbury Park, said: “Of course! Get the little bastard the {bleep} out of here for four years. Force the Americans to put up with his ludicrous voice and his creepy fish face.”

Martin Bishop, from Peterborough, added: ”Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.”

But Bill McKay, from Berwick, warned: “Of course even Donald Trump and his gang of arseholes may get sick out of him. He’ll be continually ‘popping in’ to the White House for some ‘banter’ about ‘fannies’.

“But even if he only lasts a year, it’s got to be worth it. I’ll be able to watch the news again.”

These two rabble-rousing xenophobes were made for each other:
_92600372_5902af28-df7e-4389-b70c-54dc74db673e.jpg

Trump voiced opposition to wind farms in Farage meeting

“But one thing Mr Trump kept returning to was the issue of wind farms. He is a complete Anglophile and also absolutely adores Scotland which he thinks is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

“But he is dismayed that his beloved Scotland has become over-run with ugly wind farms which he believes are a blight on the stunning landscape.”

Trump voiced opposition to wind farms in Farage meeting

“But one thing Mr Trump kept returning to was the issue of wind farms. He is a complete Anglophile and also absolutely adores Scotland which he thinks is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

“But he is dismayed that his beloved Scotland has become over-run with ugly wind farms which he believes are a blight on the stunning landscape.”

Our Least Sustainable Energy Option

In reality, wind energy may well be the least sustainable and least eco-friendly of all electricity options. Its shortcomings are legion, but the biggest ones can be grouped into eight categories.

In reality, wind energy may well be the least sustainable and least eco-friendly of all electricity options. Its shortcomings are legion, but the biggest ones can be grouped into eight categories.

You do realise that Trump's long-running whining about Scottish wind-farms is not based on any of those eight categories?

It is simply that he feels they spoil the view from one of his golf courses.

So, whilst the points you raise may or may not be valid, they're not particularly relevant to the Windbag in chief (although he'll no doubt cite them now anyway).
All he cares about is the view from his golf course.
A fact which should surprise no one as it is entirely consistent with his character.

You do realise that Trump's long-running whining about Scottish wind-farms is not based on any of those eight categories?

It is simply that he feels they spoil the view from one of his golf courses.

So, whilst the points you raise may or may not be valid, they're not particularly relevant to the Windbag in chief (although he'll no doubt cite them now anyway).
All he cares about is the view from his golf course.
A fact which should surprise no one as it is entirely consistent with his character.

Your point about the view is likely true, but hopefully he is aware of the other more important problems. His problems with the unsightliness would be in line with the limousine liberal greenies. I've read plenty of examples over the years how the most famous hollywood greenies objected to windmills near their suburban mansions for that very reason.

BTW I've been in commercial property management for years, so I am generally aware of how things go in real estate. His objections are simply the default and probably good business.

Let's look at an extreme example. You inherit a tiny historic motel on A1A in Fort Lauderdale Florida that has a view of the beach. The City approves a 50 story hotel directly across A1A to the east which will not only completely obstruct the view of the beach, but will keep your motel in complete shade for half the day. This could potentially put you out of business. While an extreme example, that sort of thing plays out down here all the time. While views from a golf course of a Windmill chopping up birds isn't quite as extreme, it is in the same ballpark. Any owner will try protecting their assets.

Your point about the view is likely true, but hopefully he is aware of the other more important problems. His problems with the unsightliness would be in line with the limousine liberal greenies. I've read plenty of examples over the years how the most famous hollywood greenies objected to windmills near their suburban mansions for that very reason.

Yes but again, all of that is completely beside the point:

The US president elect used a meeting with the man he is pimping to be the UK's ambassador to the US to try to influence UK energy policy for entirely selfish and somewhat trivial reasons.
This is not only hilarious and tragic in equal measure but also entirely in keeping with the character of the man and I fear we can expect much more of the same over the next four years.

I imagine you've already seen "you've been Trumped" but it might be worth another watch for a reminder of the Donald's behaviour around that golf course.

The US president elect used a meeting with the man he is pimping to be the UK's ambassador to the US to try to influence UK energy policy for entirely selfish and somewhat trivial reasons.
This is not only hilarious and tragic in equal measure but also entirely in keeping with the character of the man and I fear we can expect much more of the same over the next four years.

Oh, it seems I may have involuntarily glossed over your point. It seems some conflicts of interest will be entirely unavoidable and will have bad optics.

--
I imagine you've already seen "you've been Trumped" but it might be worth another watch for a reminder of the Donald's behaviour around that golf course.

Trump’s letters to Alex Salmond revealed via FOI

"... in a series of increasingly angry and eccentric letters.."
“Wind turbines in inappropriate locations are a disastrous mistake for Scotland. They will certainly be very destructive to major golf resorts (such as mine) and tourism will suffer greatly.”

He signed off: “I will be your greatest cheerleader if you can change or modify your stance on at least the inappropriately placed turbines.”

The letters, obtained by The Huffington Post, show Mr Salmond replied to Mr Trump in Aprim 2012, defending Scotland’s support for the renewable energy sector and emphasising it was up to local authorities to decide whether developments were approved.

He wrote: “I don’t expect you to support the development of offshore wind in Scotland. But I hope this letter will help you to understand the position of the Scottish government in terms of the importance we place on this industry’s great potential.”

It emerged last month that Mr Trump, a longstanding opponent of an offshore development near his Trump International Golf Links resort in Aberdeenshire, urged then UKIP interim leader Nigel Farage to campaign against wind farms in Scotland.

He does have the hippest initials of any US president ever. DJ T!

Back