TSLA stock right now...?

A bit OT but this is a good step forward, although not yet usable for my tastes. If they can get the recharge times down to half an hour or so, this becomes a much more viable way to travel:

EV coach drives from California to Seattle and back using public chargers

The coach averaged 280 miles between charges, which took between 2.5-3 hours each.

I know it's not really applicable, but I vaguely remember Elon's original plan was to have charging stations where you just pull up, open a compartment (or somesuch), the battery pack gets replaced with a charged one, and you'd be on your way... That may have been future-speak though, so who knows. All I know is that;

1) There are no charging stations around me that I'm aware of
2) I can't drive an electric car (any of them) between here and my dad's (roughly 700 miles) on a single charge.
3) I'm not interested in driving 1/2 way using charging stations as a guide, then stopping for 3 to 5 hours for it to charge to continue.

Ipso facto, electric cars don't yet appeal to me. I don't know that I'm truly opposed to a hybrid since 99% of my driving is local, but the whole "batteries aren't recyclable" and "battery replacements cost a shit ton of money" means it's pretty much a non-starter right now.

I can't speak for stocks, but the simple fact is that I'm one of the vast majority of people who pretty much wasted the first 50 years of their life not thinking about stocks, or savings, or the future, so at the amounts I have to invest, unless Shiba Inu somehow hits $1.00 per coin (I have 3 million of them, or about $100 invested), it's all kind of irrelevant for building towards a retirement future...

Wayne

I vaguely remember Elon's original plan was to have charging stations where you just pull up, open a compartment (or somesuch), the battery pack gets replaced with a charged one, and you'd be on your way
Yes, this seemed like a much smoother way to go to me too but I guess it can't be as simple as it seems.
3) I'm not interested in driving 1/2 way using charging stations as a guide, then stopping for 3 to 5 hours for it to charge to continue.
This has been an issue for me too although I wouldn't mind stopping for 20 minutes every 250 miles or so and that's getting closer to the standard as batteries improve.
I can't speak for stocks, but the simple fact is that I'm one of the vast majority of people who pretty much wasted the first 50 years of their life not thinking about stocks, or savings, or the future...
Same here. I'm comfortable enough for now but shares-wise, I don't really have anything much to speak of.

Back