Vote for "The One"!

Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:
Look at the current nutjob, for example. He claims God told him to invade countries and kill people. In any sane society such a murdering freak should be behind bars, key thrown far away.
Wrong. In any sane society such a murdering freak would be given the appropriate treatment for his illness.

Fair point but, either way, he certainly wouldn't be celebrated.

And I can't help wondering what treatment you would recommend for Mr. Bush's illness? ;-)

Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:
Look at the current nutjob, for example. He claims God told him to invade countries and kill people. In any sane society such a murdering freak should be behind bars, key thrown far away.
Wrong. In any sane society such a murdering freak would be given the appropriate treatment for his illness.

And I can't help wondering what treatment you would recommend for Mr. Bush's illness? ;-)

Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:

Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:

metalman said:
Last week Nancy Pelosi said Obama was who "God has sent us at this time."
Interesting. Of course both parties have members who are religious and the American people are one of the most religious in the world. In fact we're so religious in polls atheism is seen as more a threat to the US then Islam. Both McCain and Obama have had religious leaders come out and support them. Heck the first 'debate' was in a right wing evengelican church. Yeah even though the constitution states there will be no religious tests for presidency we as a society do it all the time. (Well at least as I've been paying attention, 1980 Reagan.)

There's even more scary stuff --
Nabil Shaath,Palestinian foreign minister said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Personally I'm all for religion being taken out of politics.

metalman said:
Interesting. Of course both parties have members who are religious and the American people are one of the most religious in the world. In fact we're so religious in polls atheism is seen as more a threat to the US then Islam. Both McCain and Obama have had religious leaders come out and support them. Heck the first 'debate' was in a right wing evengelican church. Yeah even though the constitution states there will be no religious tests for presidency we as a society do it all the time. (Well at least as I've been paying attention, 1980 Reagan.)

Nabil Shaath,Palestinian foreign minister said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

metalman said:

metalman said:

metalman said:

metalman said:

Robert said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:

Dunno, something what my grandparents have gone through during WW2?
But in all seriousness, there should be thought seriously about how to deal with this subject.

Robert said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:

But in all seriousness, there should be thought seriously about how to deal with this subject.

Robert said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:

Robert said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:

Robert said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:

Robert said:
Speelgoedmannetje said:
Robert said:

Speelgoedmannetje said:
there should be thought seriously about how to deal with this subject.

You're absolutely right and I was being a bit too flippant with my original comment.

Speelgoedmannetje said:

You're absolutely right and I was being a bit too flippant with my original comment.

Speelgoedmannetje said:

Speelgoedmannetje said:

Back