Why do I even care any more?

@Wayne:

(TheMagicM here..)

LOL..I was googling Amazing Computing for my last name because as I kid I put an ad in there for a disk cataloging app I created. Wanted to see if I could find the ad.

Anyway, ran across your post from 2011 as to why you left etc. Well, you made AO exciting with those newsletters and you made AO what it was. Once you left it was kinda strange, so I said {bleep} it and left too. I still log in but very rarely ever exercise any moderator type duties as I am not around enough to feel as though I have that right, so I just post here and there. I'm mostly a read-only type on that site.

Thank you again for all that you did with AO when you ran it.

-Alex

@Wayne:
Anyway, ran across your post from 2011 as to why you left etc. Well, you made AO exciting with those newsletters and you made AO what it was. Once you left it was kinda strange, so I said {bleep} it and left too. I still log in but very rarely ever exercise any moderator type duties as I am not around enough to feel as though I have that right, so I just post here and there. I'm mostly a read-only type on that site.

Thank you again for all that you did with AO when you ran it.

-Alex
Hey Alex! Thanks!

BTW, Way to resurrect a zombie thread there man... :)

I was just thinking about AO (again) this week but as life has it, haven't had the time to go log in... I can't believe the current owners haven't done anything with it, but I guess that's what the Amiga community really has come down to, what... 23 years after the death of Commodore? Holy bleep... It really has been that long, hasn't it? My step-daughter is 23 years old. May, I feel old... :)

Anyway, thanks for popping back up! Great to know there are still some of us around. Now if I could just corral the rest of the old guys (and gals) into stopping by... :)

Wayne

I logged in to leave a post for Coder when he passed away, but that was it. I just logged in again and it seems that quite a few people check out my profile still...

I logged in to leave a post for Coder when he passed away, but that was it. I just logged in again and it seems that quite a few people check out my profile still...
I really do kinda wish we could get most of the former AO crowd over here. It'd be good to have a non-Amiga-centric discussion with old friends.

Reactions: adz
I really do kinda wish we could get most of the former AO crowd over here. It'd be good to have a non-Amiga-centric discussion with old friends.

That would be nice as I do feel as though I formed some real friendships over there.

Back