Why do I even care any more?

As Q said: "all good things must come to an end." Although no doubt like Amiga Inc. itself it will keep on shambling in zombified state. I do think people bearing the name Bill must be culled.

As Q said: "all good things must come to an end." Although no doubt like Amiga Inc. itself it will keep on shambling in zombified state. I do think people bearing the name Bill must be culled.

Looks like Lizard Lounge does not show up on the main page anymore, so I will repeat here.

Welcome Odin!

:rolleyes:
how can anyone NOT see this as a joke.....not the biggest yuks I've ever had on AO, but I can tell it's a joke

Quite. Not sure why some folk took it so literally or as a bad portent *shrug*

Quite. Not sure why some folk took it so literally or as a bad portent *shrug*

I took it for a joke, but a very misguided joke that went horribly wrong. I failed to see the humor and cringed knowing what kind of responses it would draw.

I think I scared some people when I mentioned CUSA...

I took it for a joke, but a very misguided joke that went horribly wrong. I failed to see the humor and cringed knowing what kind of responses it would draw.

Snap, the first few responses seemed to take it as a joke, but within a handful the "ZOMGWTFBBQ" brigade came out decrying the move.

Like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I doubt a lot of people took it seriously. It was just completely out of place.

A.org kinda has turned into one big constant whoopee cushion. It's sort of funny at first, annoying after a while and downright aggravating and tiresome after a long time.

Well, the last remnant of interest I had remaining in anything amiga.org-related died this evening with the news of Franko's biggest fan / supporter / apologist being made a moderator. It seems to have been a slow, but steady decline in the site over the last year or two, but I never would've imagine that one day it'd end up in the state it is today, mostly thanks to one person. I feel pretty bad for Bill, he seems like a decent enough guy.

@Lando
Welcome to Whyzzat! I've been here for 6+ years and this is the most active this site has ever been. Amiga.org's demise is doing wonder for the Whyzzat user base :banana:

Now there's a blast from the past, not seen a Lando post in a long time, welcome dude! And regarding the new appointment on a.org, I kinda registered my disgust just before I logged out for the final time, although I'm sure they have probably deleted my post by now...They can have that cesspool all to themselves.

I have my clock set up as a dual time zone in the UK and OZ and sometimes he is posting at 3 or 4 AM UK time! Crazy. I think it's his meds that may be giving erratic sleep patterns?

I have my clock set up as a dual time zone in the UK and OZ and sometimes he is posting at 3 or 4 AM UK time! Crazy. I think it's his meds that may be giving erratic sleep patterns?

People on meth typically stay up for days at a time.

Sorry to drudge up an old thread but how do you feel about Amiga.org now it has been 5+ years? Trevor seems to be the silent type and there is not trouble i have seen.

Sorry to drudge up an old thread but how do you feel about Amiga.org now it has been 5+ years? Trevor seems to be the silent type and there is not trouble i have seen.
To be completely honest, I haven't even thought about Amiga.org more than once or twice a year since then. I stop in, log in, notice that absolutely nothing has changed, say hi, then disappear.

It's kinda sad to see that Trevor, and Bill before him, never moved anything forward at all.

Since you brought it up, I thought to pop in over on Amiga.org and drop a line to see if anyone was still around. Two responses in 24 hours. Based on that, I'd say either everyone left there is now too "young" (or new) in the game to even remember me, or that the Amiga community as a whole is pretty dead...

I know, it's kinda conceited and it's definitely an unscientific method of measuring activity, but... TWO POSTS in 24 HOURS! C'mon man... :)

I'm guessing Trevor (whomever that is) is pretty much asleep at the wheel. I don't know what he paid BillP for the site, but -- like BillP -- I can't imagine sinking money into any site then letting it simply languish. This site's obviously a little different because there's zero income potential from it. Amiga.org -- even serving a "dead" community -- is a slow-trickle gold mine...

I ran the site for what. 10 years? I forget, but if assholes hadn't have gotten me kicked off of Google Ads by abusing the system "in protest", I could have easily cleared $300/month, which would have gone a LONG way to keeping my head in the game and working to kill the trolls...

Wayne

Back