Woman chooses 11th Trimester Abortion

20h8vgx.jpg

There are no qualifiers besides "impair mental health of the woman", which is so vague it opens the door to selective murder.
OK, that looks different from what the governor was quoted on. From the article you posted, immediately before the section you quoted starting with "In this particular example" the governor said:

"and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that’s non-viable."

the governor also says:

"and so, you know, I would certainly support more than one provider."

which puts him in opposition to the changes to the current law that were proposed by Tran. I think the outrage over what the governor said is overblown, but the bill, which I understand was killed, looks like it goes a bit far to lower the bar in sub 2. Actually, now that I've seen the full text there are a lot of deletions in sections that more clearly divide the sides and these deletions here provided a way to defeat the changes without looking at the other changes.

OK, that looks different from what the governor was quoted on. From the article you posted, immediately before the section you quoted starting with "In this particular example" the governor said:

"and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that’s non-viable."

the governor also says:

"and so, you know, I would certainly support more than one provider."

which puts him in opposition to the changes to the current law that were proposed by Tran. I think the outrage over what the governor said is overblown, but the bill, which I understand was killed, looks like it goes a bit far to lower the bar in sub 2. Actually, now that I've seen the full text there are a lot of deletions in sections that more clearly divide the sides and these deletions here provided a way to defeat the changes without looking at the other changes.

What the gov says, which is a moving target, is one thing. What the actual language of the law says is something else. The law as written has zero limitations on killing babies after they are out of the womb.

That's not unexpected. You are avoiding the governors words as well. Check the "summary" in the first paragraph!

The effort came amid a topic-broach of Gov. Ralph Northam’s recent remarks, which were — essentially — “We’re going to kill babies after they’re born.”

Yup. They wrote it as if that was a direct quote. That's fake news. You know that's not what he said, and murder is a significantly different act from not offering heroic measures to keep alive a baby that can't live on its own after normal gestation due to some serious birth defect. As poorly written as law is and as sweeping as the proposed amendments seem to be there seems to be a lot of smoke being blown to emphasise things the governor did not say and avoid looking at the actual proposed amendments.

As poorly written as law is

You see "poorly written", most of the rest of the world sees it as deliberately vague. Pointing to verbal backpedaling bu the Gov doesn't change that. His backpedaling doesn't even hold water.

Pointing to verbal backpedaling bu the Gov doesn't change that. His backpedaling doesn't even hold water.
He's not backpedaling - he never pedaled there in the first place. You and the articles you posted said that the governor was talking about killing babies after they were born. I pointed you to the parts of what he said that have been (deliberately) left out of the quote. If you can be bothered to follow the links far enough to actually get to his remarks and then read them in full you see that what is being said about what he said and what he said are not the same. You keep going back to the governor and telling the same lie. Why? It's the least relevant (and most wrong and easily discoverably wrong) part of the story. You keep going back to it like it's the strong part of your argument. What the heck is wrong with you? Do you think we're all idiots? It's not helping you look like you know what you're talking about.

He's not backpedaling - he never pedaled there in the first place. You and the articles you posted said that the governor was talking about killing babies after they were born. I pointed you to the parts of what he said that have been (deliberately) left out of the quote. If you can be bothered to follow the links far enough to actually get to his remarks and then read them in full you see that what is being said about what he said and what he said are not the same. You keep going back to the governor and telling the same lie. Why? It's the least relevant (and most wrong and easily discoverably wrong) part of the story. You keep going back to it like it's the strong part of your argument. What the heck is wrong with you? Do you think we're all idiots? It's not helping you look like you know what you're talking about.

Calm down. Is this the man you really want to die on the hill for?

190201-julia-ralph-tease_yzissk

I don't know how the hell you twisted my comments the way you did, but the simple fact is the bill as written would have no limitations.

Calm down. Is this the man you really want to die on the hill for?

Diversion. You still have defended transmitting a lie by omission, and but extension defended the sources you use whose fake news you passed on.
I don't know how the hell you twisted my comments the way you did, but the simple fact is the bill as written would have no limitations.
The bill ... was a bill to amendment an existing bill ... which already had no limitations (in the sense that you mean it) - the amendments reduced the number of physicians that would have to agree to just one. It also reduced the bar on the mental health damage expected for the mother by removing "severe" and "irreparable". I already agree that it is a bit of a low bar - but you don't seem to really care about that. For you it seems like this is something personal between you and the governor which justifies you misleading people about what the governor said.

Senate Democrats Block Bill to Protect Babies Surviving Abortion

“Senate Democrats had the chance today to prove they are not the party of infanticide, and instead they doubled down on extremism,” said Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) President Marjorie Dannenfelser after Democrats blocked the bill. “The Democratic Party’s agenda of abortion on demand through birth and even beyond is radically out of step with the standards of decency the overwhelming majority of Americans expect from their leaders.”

Back