Your Moral Compass

I see it was above your head too.

Problem is, the issue you're describing has been the case for nearly as long as there has been medicine. Mostly on the basis of religious belief but also due to culture.

That's not to say it's not an issue in of itself, but just that it isn't new or likely to become worse overnight.

I see it was above your head too.

well it didnt miss me... but your point is lost because you think somehow this translates to the repressive degenerates idea of magic and not the scientists'... nobody... and i mean nobody; on the left (no matter how far you swing out there) is ever going to suggest we pray people to wellness... no one will side with the whackadoodles.... i can pray for gawd to fix my broken leg before i am eaten by a cheetah on the Serengeti, or i can pray that i have enuff sense to find a doctor...

Pro-Abort UK Columnist: A Loving Mom would Smother Disabled Baby

On the same program, Ironside argued that an abortion could be "moral" if the child is disabled or "totally unwanted," saying it could even be "selfish" not to kill one's child in a eugenic abortion.

"Abortion can often be seen as something wicked or irresponsible but in fact it can be a moral and unselfish act," she said. "If a baby is to be born severely disabled or totally unwanted, surely abortion is the act of a loving mother."

Stunned BBC viewers complained to the network following Ironside's infanticide remarks. Clair Lewis, an advocate for disabled individuals, excoriated the columnist for advocating the eugenic elimination of disabled people.

"The problems that disabled people face will not be fixed by killing off unborn children," said Lewis.

GP Peter Evans, a member of the Christian Medical Fellowship, told UK media that it is "very dangerous" for individuals to decide who ought to live and who should die.

"For us to make judgments that people are not worth life, not worth the opportunity to live, is a very dangerous thing," Evans said.

Despite the widespread disgust with Ironside’s remarks, The Guardian, a prominent left-leaning UK newspaper, quickly ran a piece by columnist Zoe Williams defending them as "valid" and "brave."

http://blackgenocide.org/home.html

Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in America. 78% of their clinics are in minority communities. Blacks make up 12% of the population, but 35% of the abortions in America. Are we being targeted? Isn't that genocide? We are the only minority in America that is on the decline in population. If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant. Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." Is her vision being fulfilled today?

Actually, from this clip I saw no mention of disabled children, what I heard was Ms Ironside talk about a child suffering. She made it plain that if there was absolutely no alternative and there would be no end to the suffering, that then and only then would she do so.

Perhaps there was mention of it earlier in the program, but based on what I saw, I am not seeing a "eugenics" argument being made here.

"For us to make judgments that people are not worth life, not worth the opportunity to live, is a very dangerous thing," Evans said.

Apparently this GP has never heard of Triage.

41% of NYC pregnancies end in abortion

The rate for minorities is even higher.

Both sides say the high abortion percentage is a crisis.

"If 41% of New York babies are aborted, with the percentage even higher in the Bronx and among our African-American babies in the world, it is downright chilling," New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan said.

Broken down by race for 2009:

Specifically non-Hispanic Blacks have a 59.8% abortion rate.

Hispanics have a 41.3% abortion rate.

Asians have a 22.7% abortion rate.

And non-Hispanic Whites have a 20.4% abortion rate.

Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in America. 78% of their clinics are in minority communities. Blacks make up 12% of the population, but 35% of the abortions in America. Are we being targeted? Isn't that genocide? We are the only minority in America that is on the decline in population. If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant. Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." Is her vision being fulfilled today?

http://blackgenocide.org/home.html

Lol. I'm sorry but I've seen this line of reasoning before being used to justify denying all women autonomy over their own bodies. It was crap then too.

Here, try this on for size.

Lol. I'm sorry but I've seen this line of reasoning before being used to justify denying all women autonomy over their own bodies. It was crap then too.

Here, try this on for size.

So, when a baby is living and breathing outside of the womans' body, what is your excuse for supporting the killing of that baby?

So, when a baby is living and breathing outside of the womans' body, what is your excuse for supporting the killing of that baby?

Since when do planned parenthood, or any other organisation that you've linked to go around knocking off newborns?

Since when do planned parenthood, or any other organisation that you've linked to go around knocking off newborns?

Obviously you did not watch the videos I linked. Here is another one, maybe you will watch it.

I thought about this one. There are many medical disorders that can cause a foetus to develop abnormally, to the point where they are unlikely to survive birth or die shortly after. Anencephaly, for instance.

So, let's reverse that question: Would you rather a newborn die in agony over the course of several hours or days, knowing that there was nothing you could do to save it, or would you allow it some dignity and give it enough sedative that it died peacefully in it's sleep?

Answers to the usual address on the back of a £10 note.

Obviously you did not watch the videos I linked. Here is another one, maybe you will watch it.

Apparently neither did you, since that did not mention offing newborns, healthy or otherwise.

Red, how much would you pay to raise a stranger's baby who needs constant medical care for life? When you are willing to put some numbers on that then maybe we can't start talking about who your money could save. If you aren't willing to contribute to raising these children then I don't see how you warrant much of a say in what other parents do.

How many sick babies can you afford to save? I guess that depends upon your resources. Still, if G-d didn't want this sort of thing to happen he wouldn't make so many sick babies, would he? It's not like G-d doesn't have super-powers.

Huh? Oh dear...

I watched it twice. It talks about leaving newborns in an Illinois hospital who have no hope (bar one, uncited claim of a downs newborn) of survival "being left to die".

Not killing them. Apparently not giving them dignity either, but...

Go back to my question to you.

Do you leave them to suffer, or do you give them a little dignity before they check out?

I watched it twice. It talks about leaving newborns in an Illinois hospital who have no hope (bar one, uncited claim of a downs newborn) of survival "being left to die".

Not killing them. Apparently not giving them dignity either, but...

Go back to my question to you.

Do you leave them to suffer, or do you give them a little dignity before they check out?

What part of live birth is confusing? Have you witnessed a live birth? Unless the doctor clears the baby's airways, the baby would likely die. The videos clearly stated babies are being born alive and there is no concern for babies born "viable". Are we moving goal posts? I thought a "fetus" was not a baby until there is a live birth? Now a live birth is not a baby either, even after that baby is no longer attached to the mother?

The newborn and the fetus are morally equivalent

[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child. Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.

This is a sick {bleep} country we live in with sick {bleep} people :madashell:

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but prior cultures have dealt with this sort of thing since the dawn of time. The Spartans were famous for killing babies with abnormalities that other neighboring Greek states would have accepted. The Inuit in Northern Canada were also known to leave babies out in the deadly cold for any reason including as a form of population control. Of course, many other North American cultures would also expect the son to kill the father at a certain age (resulting in some interesting Canadian court cases). Many of these "customs" were born out of necessity, so for these people it was all morally justified (in fact not doing so was considered the greater sin).

The point is that there is no absolute moral code. Attempting to discuss such issues with morality as your anchor only tells me you don't know what you're talking about.

Back