Your neighbor may now be Big Brother

I just saw a joke on G+ and as some people here seem quite serious in their weird fear of communism I felt it would make at least Some of us laugh. I dropped it here because the fear-mongers think the unemployed are commie lovers (which in itself is very funny)
How many times to I have to tell you, there are no Communists under the bed.

No, they are all in the Lenin closet.
:lol:

The fact is that 20% of Americans are either out of work or mostly out of work. That's a serious problem and laughing at people who dress funny doesn't address the real issue.

Business is about team work and conformity, if you dress funny and have visible tattoos, piercings, pink hair .... your not getting a job, with 20% unemployment, business can be picky about who they hire.

Business is about team work and conformity, if you dress funny and have visible tattoos, piercings, pink hair .... your not getting a job, with 20% unemployment, business can be picky about who they hire.
The point isn't about whether someone with pink hair can or can't get a job. The problem is that lots and lots of people who don't have pink hair and were perfectly employable a couple of years ago are NOT employed and it is because of Wall St. There are PR companies who don't want you to think about the white collar criminals that killed the golden goose but want you instead to blame the unemployed for the broken economy.

my friends' kids (early 20's) have graduated collage in the last few years. They have been struggling to get work. They both worked during the summers and were brought up to be responsible. they are not bums. They do what they can (the son is doing construction and is moving up in that career even though his degree is NOT in that field). The daughter wants to work as a firefighter and is taking various temp jobs while filling out whatever forms/ect is required to do this. I'm sure they will succeed but it won't be because the economy is great.

and the inference that they - and others - are 'bums' because they aren't doing what they want is insulting and stupid. :finger:

Back